Ch.51

When Cadey and I officially woke up, it was 10 a.m. We got out of bed and I held my little boy’s hand as we walked down the stairs. He stopped on the third to last step, making my arm tug backwards and pull me with it. I turned to my son and picked him up as he stared ahead, no emotion really shown on his face.

I spun back around and saw Tala standing there with Oliver, hand in hand. I narrowed my eyes at the two and held Caderyn tightly in my grasp as if I was protecting him. Liam came to my side from the couch he was sitting on.

“Liam, did you let them in?” I whispered, keeping my eyes on the couple before me just in case.

“They said they wanted to talk to you. I tried to keep them out, but they were persistent.” He whispered back. I scoffed. Of course they were persistent. Those two always got what they wanted.

“Why are you here?” I asked them coldly. Liam wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close.

“Aw!” Tala cooed, “Aren’t you two the cutest of couples. And, with Cadey on your hip, you look like a little family.” She crossed her arms and pursed her lips after her statement. She was apparently being sarcastic.

“We are a family.” Liam mumbled, avoiding eye contact with anyone at the current moment. I smiled at him softly and gave my attention back to the problem at the moment.

“I’m only going to ask one more time. Why are you here?” I questioned, a bit more calmly than before. Oliver nodded and stepped closer.

“Right, well, we want Cadey back. Ranaita, I know he’s your son too, but you did sign papers that gave him to us.” He spoke. My eyes went wide. They want to take my son away from me. I was about to protest, but I didn’t have to.

“Like hell you’re taking him away from us!” Liam shouted, startling Cadey and making him wince. I kissed my son’s forehead and began rubbing circles on his back to sooth him.

“Away from you?! You aren’t his father. You don’t own him. I do!” Oliver retaliated shoving Liam’s shoulder with his hand, “He belongs to me and my wife. He is our son.

“He doesn’t belong to you anymore, Oliver.” I said in a calm voice. Oliver stepped back from Liam and looked at Tala, who was cowering in her spot.

“You didn’t?” he hissed at his new wife. Her body started shaking as he drew nearer to her.

“She did, but you need to stop whatever you’re doing, Oliver. Tala didn’t do anything wrong by giving me custody. She didn’t do anything wrong by replacing her name with mine on the birth certificate along with replacing yours with-” I stopped myself before I said something stupid. Oliver obviously figured out that Tala put my name back on the birth certificate, but had no idea that she had also put an alternate father.

Oliver’s eyes went wide when he turned to glance at me as I spoke. I immediately regretted not stopping myself sooner. The anger in his eyes was terrifying.

“With who? Who could possibly be Cadey’s father other than me?” Oliver growled. I shook my head vigorously.

“I didn’t mean that. I-I…” I didn’t know what to say. I had no clue how to cover this up and now even Liam was looking at me waiting for an answer.

“It doesn’t matter. We don’t need Cadey, baby. You’ve got me.” Tala spoke seductively to Oliver, trying to save me from the pain she probably gets everyday now. I smiled at her as a thank you, but my heart pounded in my chest because I had almost slipped up. No one was supposed to know about the father on the birth certificate until things were finally settled.