Ch.45

-Liam's P.O.V.-

My girlfriend doesn't remember us.

The nurse talked to Issy and I after Niall left with Ranaita. She had asked for the closest people to Ranaita to go with her and Issy and I figured it was ourselves. We went out into the hallway with her and she gave us the gist of Ranaita's condition.

Apparently, she only remembers things that she wants to remember. The brain damage was minor, but for some reason Ranaita's decided to suppress memories. The brain damage wasn't bad enough to have caused memory loss, but the nurse decided to tell Ranaita that that's what was going on with her.

The nurse gave Issy and I specific instructions to help Ranaita's situation. We'll do as the group had discussed yesterday, let her live the life she thinks she has but try and trigger her memory by coming over everyday and show her pictures or do something that we usually do with her. It's going to be hard to get her to do what we usually do. Most of it was couple related, but I can try to work around it.

Niall has been sleeping at Ranaita's house for 3 days now and all he does is watch Cadey until Ranaita comes home. Ranaita goes to work like she normally does. When she gets home, Niall told me that she makes him a 'bedtime snack', puts Cadey to bed, takes a shower, and either watches a movie with him or goes straight to bed.

He's here, at Louis' flat with the rest of us lads, Dani and Maurie, Tala, Issy, and Laurell. The people gathered here are here because we are the people that Ranaita saw (Skype included) at least twice every week before the wedding. We're going to discuss what we could do to help Ranaita remember.

"Maurie and I can watch the regular shows that we watch together with her. I'm sure that'll help something." Dani claimed. Louis laughed heartily.

"You mean that lesbian porn you watch?!" Lou snorted. Everyone's eyes in the room became wide.

"Louis!" I scolded the boy with a slap to the back of the head.

"For your information, Louis, yes. That is what she meant." Maurie added followed by her sticking out her tongue at Lou.

"Maurie!" Dani yelled and slapped the back of her head.

"Oi! That hurt, Dani." Maurie pouted. Dani gave Maurie guilt filled eyes.

"I'm sorry, babe." Dani spoke. Maurie smiled and Dani kissed her cheek. I felt my heart sink. I haven't kissed Ranaita's cheek in so long. Months of ignoring her sort of puts me in that position though. I haven't even been able to hug her properly or hold her hand. I don't know what was going through my mind when I decided to ignore her. I suppose I blamed a bit of the situation on her, but I know that it's not her fault. She wasn't the one who told Niall that she loved him. He just assumed.

-Ranaita's P.O.V.-

Something feels strange.

I've been living with my little family (Cadey and Niall) ever since I got out of the hospital, but things are off. I don't understand why I feel this way, but I do. It doesn't feel as normal as it should to be living with the love of my life and my son. I don't ever get the same spark when Niall and I touch like I used to. Like I think I used to. I've always had a connection with him, right? He and I had loved each other ever since we met, right?

I don't think that's right anymore. I mean, the nurse did say I have select memory loss, but what does that mean? That I only have certain memories? If that's the case then, Niall and I must be together. All of the memories I do have tell me that. However, everyone was shocked in the hospital a few days ago that I said I was engaged to Niall.