Ch.42

-Ranaita's P.O.V.-

Liam hasn't talked to me two and a half months. However, the public seems to think that we are the cutest couple ever and doing well. Liam and Zayn did as they promised and told everyone that they were dating Tala and I at the interview the week after my birthday. To the world, it was official and everything was peachy. To me, it felt like it was crumbling.

The flight for Kelsey and Dallon's wedding leaves in two days and because he isn't responding to me, he's obviously not going and I have to take someone else. I've talked to the other boys on Skype and through our mobiles. When I asked them about Liam and why he was never in on our Skype calls, they told me he was sick or still in rehearsals.

I'm not that stupid. I know that Liam doesn't want to talk to me. He's avoiding me, but I don't know why. Because of all this, I'm taking Niall to the wedding with me. I'd take one of the other lads, but Tala is already taking Zayn to the wedding with her and then spending time with him afterwards and Eleanor wants to spend some time with Louis when he gets back. Harry is spending time with his mum and sister. Niall was my only option, not that I minded.

I love Niall, but I want to keep our distance because I know that he loves me more than he should. I love him like I love Issy, LouLou, Kelsey, and Folipee. Like a best friend, nothing more and definitely nothing less. I could never hate him, but he needs to realize that nothing can come from our relationship.

Anyways, he accepted my offer. I was thankful that I didn't have to show up alone at a wedding that I'm the Maid of Honor for. That would be a tad bit embarrassing. He's coming over tomorrow after the lads get back from the U.S.A. He and I will be packing together because I know what we need to bring and Niall has no clue. I'm packing right now, to get a head start. Also, I'm going to be really busy packing for him tomorrow seeing as he will need to make runs back and forth to his house for certain things I know he won't think to bring over already.

Other than that, things are going swimmingly, sort of. Tala and Zayn are doing as wonderful as ever and I can't help but feel jealous. Kelsey and Dallon are extremely excited about the baby, but Kelsey had to find a new dress for the wedding because of her weight gain. Cadey has finished the entire Harry Potter series now and is an upcoming prodigy with the piano. Issy and Madoc have decided on using my back yard for their wedding and only close family and friends will be allowed. El and Lou aren't doing too well, El keeps nagging Lou on the phone whenever she's with me. She thinks that the fans are getting too touchy and fears that Louis is letting them touch him just to get El to break up with him. Laurell and I have both been officially accepted to Harvard together and are leaving in 4 months when the school year officially begins. I haven't told anyone yet, but I mean to soon.

My parents are back in my life. They've apologized face-to-face. My dad is even took me to a ballet a few weeks ago. It was actually quite fun. I've been going to see my mum at the music shop every once in a while. I help her with finances and such while we eat lunch or something. I told them about Harvard. Neither of them thought it was a bad thing. In fact, they both encourage me to be the best lawyer I can. I really didn't expect that at all.

 As I pack my shoes for the 3 week long stay in an Australian beach resort, I turn on my Pandora. Putting it on my Birdy station and letting the depressing words of Liz Longley's If You Want To flow through my brain. It saddened me to think that I might end up feeling that way. As that song went off, Birdy's version of I'll Never Forget You came on.

The rest of the songs were similar after that. It's as if the universe was trying to bring me down further, but I wasn't going to let it. I've had my fair share of depression and utter unhappiness. The further I let myself slip into this hole, the more likely I'll get back to my old habits that I use to claim brought me out of the hole.