Birthday

Emma's Pov

Today was finally my birthday. To say the least I was excited. I wondered what Minho was going to do. He can be really romantic when he puts his mind to it. I jogged up to the Maze doors to catch him before he left. Once he came into sight a huge grin broke out on my face.

" Hey!" I said hugging him.

" Hey, Emma," He replied. I waited for him to say happy birthday but he never did.

" I'll see you later ok?" He said and ran into the Maze. I stared at the place he was. He forgot? I frowned and went to the Med Jacks hut to work.

" Happy Birthday! Emma! " Clint and Jeff shouted at the same time. I gave them a weak smile, a nod, and I went to go wash off the needles. Maybe Minho was just stressed this morning. The whole day went by really slow. All day the Gladers wished me a happy birthday. Even Gladers I have never talked to before. If those boys knew, then Minho sure forgot. The maze doors had closed a little while ago. I have had yet to see Minho. When I asked the other Runners all they did was shake their heads and smile. This left me so confused. I looked around to see the Gladers having a good time since they were done with their work. Why couldn't they see I was depressed? My own boyfriend forgot my birthday. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Thomas smiling at me.

" How's the birthday girl?" He asked.

" Awful," I replied.

" Why? What happened? "

" Oh nothing, Minho just forgot my birthday. No biggie."

Thomas didn't reply. He probably didn't know how to confront me. He pulled my hand and pulled me into the Deadheads. Before I could ask, I was met with all the other Gladers standing in front of something. They all broke out into the birthday song. These guys were too sweet unlike a certain someone. Frypan walked up to me and handed me a piece of cake.

"Ready to see your present? " Newt asked me. I nodded my head. They all moved out of the way revealing Minho. I was shocked. There he was, holding a bouquet of my favorite flowers. He handed me the roses and pulled me into a tight hug.

" I know you think I forgot your birthday, but I didn't. I had to make sure your present was perfect, " He said. He snapped his finger and Alby appeared holding something.

" I know how much you love music so I made this with the help of Gally," he stated. My eyes widened even bigger than I thought possible. Minho had made me the most beautiful guitar I had ever seen. I turned to him with tears welling in my eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

" I love it. It's the best present ever. I love you so much," I gushed. He smiled and pulled his lips toward mine.

" I know. I love you too Em." Minho replied.