Imagine for Newtie_my_cutie

Newt's Pov

Today was the day I was finally going to tell Cassie I liked her. We'd been best friends for the longest time. From the moment I saw her come out of the box. Her curly brown hair was perfect and her redish brown eyes were captivating. I knew that some day I wanted to more than just friends. I had finally managed to work up enough courage to tell her. I was on my way to the Med Jacks tent since I knew she would be there. I walked in to see her and Thomas laughing about something. My heart dropped. He was clearly flirting with her and she was sending it right back to him. I thought she said she didn't like him?

Cassie ' s Pov

I was laughing at Thomas being stupid. He was asking me advice on how to ask Teresa out. He was attempting to flirt but he was failing miserably.

" Thomas, I've done all that I could. You're on your own," I said to him.

"Thanks for trying Cass." He replied.

Thomas got up and walked out. I left too to go look for Newt. As I rounded the corner I ran into something or more like someone.

" Hi Newt!" I said happily.

He ignored me and walked off. What was his problem? I didn't do anything to him. I jogged to catch up with him.

"Newt? Slow down. What is your problem?" I tried again.

" Why don't you go continue to flirt with your boyfriend Thomas? " He snapped.

" What? What are you talking about? I wasn't flirting with him."

" Sure... That's what you want me to believe. You don't have to lie. I saw it with my own eyes. Some best friend you are."

I have to admit, that stung a little. " I wasn't flirting with him! I'm not lying to you. "

" Cassie," He only called me that when he was super mad. " Just go away. You're better off going to hang out with the Grievers. In fact, just do that. That way I don't have to deal with your lies."

That felt like a slap to the face. I can't believe Newt would say something like that. I thought we were best friends. But you know you wanted to be more.

"Cass," Newt tried to talk to me as he put his hand on my shoulder.

I shook him off and ran off with tears streaming down my face.

Newt's Pov

What did I do? I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. I was just so mad at Thomas I guess I took it out on her. How am I going to make it up to her?

Cassie ' s Pov

A few days have past and I can honestly say that I haven't left my room. I sure Alby is upset with me for not returning to my job. How can I ? I really don't want to face Newt again. I can't stand my best friend hating me. Suddenly a knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts.

" Come in," I stated weakly.

Newt opened the door and walked in, sitting on the edge of my bed next to me.

" Hey Cass," He said.

" Hi," I replied.

" Look. About what happened the other day. . ."

I cut him off, " I don't want to hear it. What you said was really hurtful and I don't know if I want...."

The next thing I knew, Newt's lips were on mine. He pulled away and looked deep into my eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I was just Jealous of Thomas and I guess I took it out on you. I'm really sorry," He began. " Will you be my girlfriend? "

I nodded my head and crashed my lips against his again.

Hey guys it's SilverSable! I'm completely honored to be the new Co writer. Well, this was my first imagine being the new Co writer so I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks !