Chapter 34// Just Hold On

Alice hadn't ever experienced so many nerves in her life.

Vik had made plans for them to visit his family, as promised, but hadn't given Alice anytime to mentally prepare herself.

Vik placed his hand on her knee to stop it from nervously shaking. She hadn't even realized it was doing so.

"Alice, calm down." Simon sighed from across the island. It was six in the morning, and he'd just woken up. Just in time to see Vik and Alice off on their journey.

"Sorry..." Alice sheepishly took a sip of her orange juice.

"Everything will be fine, babe. My mom will love you." Vik smiled.

"It's not your mom I'm worried about, it's your father."

"My dad is... dead, Alice. I've told you this before."

"Right, oh my gosh I'm sorry. I forgot!" Alice threw her hands up to her face and rubbed her eyes.

"It's okay. Shit happens." Vik sighed and stood up, putting his empty bowl of cereal in the sink.

"You know what? Would you mind if I came with you?" Simon asked, following Vik.

"Why would you want to come?" Alice asked, finishing off her drink.

"I wanna meet Vik's mom." Simon laughed.

"You've already met her, stupid." Vik smiled.

"I don't care."

"Your not coming."

"Fine." Simon stormed off.

"Well then," Vik turned to Alice, "better go catch the train."

"Right." Alice sighed, picking up her phone from the countertop.

"Come on then, we gotta go." Vik held out his hand, and Alice took it.

"Okay." She sighed.

They both climbed into Vik's car and drove to the train depot. Vik held her hand the whole way to the boarding station. Eventually the train came and they both boarded. Vik pulled out his laptop so he could edit. Alice just played on her phone.

Alice Zerker @alice_zerker:
Going to Sheffield with Vik today! Meeting his Fam! Nervous...

"Alice, seriously! Trust me your going to be okay!" Vik smiled across at her, tapping her hand with his own.

"I know, just telling the twitter squad!" Alice giggled.

"Okay, just please, you are making me nervous by being nervous!" He laughed.

"Just go back to editing!" She shook her head at him.

Alice;
Josh, you awake?

Josh;
Yeah, what's up?

Alice;
I'm nervous.

Josh;
Just hold on to Vik. His mother is wonderful. If she loves me she'll love you. Trust me.

Alice;
Alright. I'm trusting you, Joshua Zerker. You best not be lying to me.

Josh;
Why would I lie?

Alice;
Because your my brother.

Josh;
Fair enough. Have fun! Love ya, xx

Alice;
Whatever. I love you too, Zerkaa

Alice shut down her phone and placed it on her lap. She took a deep breath and smiled out the window. Today was going to be a good day.

The rest of the train ride seemed to pass by quickly, and soon enough, Alice and Vik were in Sheffield.

"Ready?" Vik asked as they pulled up to his mothers house.

"You grew up here?"

"Yep, it's lovely, isn't it?" Vik placed his hands on his hips as he stared at his old house. "Odd to think I only moved out a year or so ago."

"Vikram!" A woman's voice called from the door.

"Mom!" Vik ran to the lady, smiling as he pulled her into a hug.

"It's so good to see you," His mom cried into his shoulder.

"It's been too long." Vik pulled away, looking over at Alice. She'd taken a few small steps toward them.

"Is this..?" His mother pointed at her, smiling.

"Yes. Mom, this is Alice Zerker."

"Oh my, it's been forever since I've met one of Vikram's girlfriends!" She walked over to Alice, pulling her into a hug. Alice looked up at Vik, and he winked at her.

"It's so nice to be here!" Alice smiled back at her as she kissed Alice's cheek.

"Good, good. Vik? Your brother's inside." She turned away from them both and began to walk back up the walkway.

"Lewis!" Vik called, taking Alice's hand and leading her.

"Oi, if it isn't Alice Zerker." Lewis appeared from inside.

"If it isn't Vik's brother." Alice copied, laughing.

"Saw a video of you singing, Vik sent it to me. You have some real talent." He complimented, taking her hand and kissing it.

"Well, if you aren't such a gentleman," Alice giggled.

"I try. Gotta do a better job than Vikram over here."

"Hey, whose the one with the girlfriend here?"

"Do you want me to pull out the baby photos of you?"

"NO!" Vik jumped on Lewis, and they both fell onto the grass behind them.

"Boys!" Their mother called, "We have a guest!"

"Right, sorry Alice." Lewis dusted himself off as he stood.

"No worries. I live in a house with two other guys besides your brother and my own, I'm used to it." Alice smiled as she walked inside Vik's old house.

"Would you like a drink, Alice?" Vik's mom asked, gesturing for her to sit down on the couch.

"No thank you, I'm good."

"Are you sure? It must have been a long ride here from London..."

"Eh, not really. I survived." Alice giggled as Lewis and Vik sat down next to her.

"Well, anyway... Glad to finally meet you, Alice! Vik won't ever stop talking about you when I call him to check in!"

"I hope it's all good things..." Alice glared at Vik. He nodded, placing a hand on her knee, calming her.

"Oh, yes. He says you are very kind... I can already see it."

"Well, thank you!" Alice smiled at her. Vik was right, his mom had already grown to like her. She really didn't have anything to worry about.

Alice and Vik decided to stay until a little after six in the afternoon. They'd said their goodbyes and headed back to the train station.

"That wasn't so bad, now was it?" Vik asked as they climbed onto the train.

"It wasn't as bad as I had expected, no, but it was still nerve wracking for me... Considering my circumstances."

"Right, social anxiety."

"Yep, but I got over it really fast. Your mother was an easy lady to become friendly with."

"I told you, Alice. I know my family."

"I should have listened, I know." Alice yawned. She'd woken up way early, and hadn't gotten much sleep the night before.

"Wanna sleep on my shoulder?" Vik asked, caressing his thumb across her hand.

"Sure, that'd be nice."