Chapter 48// The Vik Ending

"Morning, Alice." Josh spoke, smiling down at her.

"Hey, Josh." Alice grunted, trying to sit up. Pain shot through her body.

"Careful, you have a few broken bones."

"Like what?" Alice scoffed.

"Two broken ribs, a broken cheekbone, you've got some deep cuts in your stomach and sides... That's it, really."

"Nothing major?"

"Nothing major."

"Good." Alice sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"Simons still recovering, you guys got hit pretty hard..." Josh explained.

"I could have stopped it, and that's what sucks." Alice looked down at her hand. The rings were back, thank god.

"Simon got most of the impact, saved your life."

"Simon saved my life?"

"He kind of threw himself infront of you, protecting you from the glass. Police said if he hadn't, you could have been thrown into the window and had a pretty serious head injury. Just glad he was there to save you."

"True... How's he doing?"

"Broken arm, broken ribs, severe head injury... It's bad..."

"Does he forget anything?" Alice feared he'd lost his memory like Vik.

"He... He hasn't woken up yet, we've gotten nothing out of him." Josh rubbed her arm.

"Where's Vik?"

"Visiting in with Simon, I could go get him if you want? He actually just left a little before you woke up." Josh stood up out of the chair and walked to the door.

"Thanks, Josh."

"Anytime, sis." He left the room, shutting the door behind himself.

Alice reached for her phone on the table, she grasped it for a second, pushing it closer to herself.

She picked it up, typing in the password.

Alice Zerker 2.0 @omgiszalicez:
Thanks for all the worrying, Simons alright, I'm alright. Everyone's okay.

She'd gotten a few texts from some of her friends.

Jess;
Omg are you okay, Alice?

Alice;
Just woke up, I'm okay.

Jess;
We've been worried sick in Florida! Get well soon.

Alice;
Thanks<3

On the night of the crash, Josh texted her.

Josh;
Alice? I feel like something's wrong... Are you okay? Come home soon.

Alice shook, he cared. He actually cared about her.

"Alice," Vik entered, standing in the doorway.

"Vik!" Alice was relieved. After what she'd witnessed while she was out, she felt better.

"Oh, Alice... You had me worried sick!" Vik ran over to her, embracing her in a tight hug.

"I love you..." Alice whispered. She'd let a tear fall onto his shoulder.

"I love you too."

"H-how's Simon?" Alice said as he pulled away from her. He sat down in the chair Josh was sitting in before.

"Still sleeping... Nothing's changed." Vik's expression changed. "He saved your life, you know."

"Yeah, Josh told me. It's my fault he's in that coma."