Chapter 4 - Distraction On The Tiatron

Tuesday morning. Roman had awoken first. That had been about an hour ago. Half of that he sat up in bed and watched Dean sleep peacefully. That had been a great night, Dean wasn't being plagued by the nightmares of his childhood. Even to this day he struggled. Roman didn't know the whole story but from what Dean had told him, it wasn't the way to grow up. No one should have grown up like Dean had. It was horrible and Dean said he was only scratching the surface.

Dean would sometimes wake up in fits of panic. Sit frozen until Romas voice guided him from the terror that plagued him in his dreams. Roman would sometimes have to shake Dean until he woke, he would be writhing around in the bed. His legs kicking around. A couple of times Roman caught a kick in the face or the shoulder. He didn't mind though. He could've gotten angry with Dean when it happened but no way would he, ever. Compared to Dean, he had an easy life. He just hoped one day Dean would tell him everything about his childhood, just so he could always be at peace at night.

Eventually Roman had headed out to the balcony, keeping the door open in case something happened. That something happening, yes, I'm talking about Bray Wyatt. He was trying to think of ways he could keep Bray at arms length, far away from Dean. Dean was his baby brother, of course the lunatic fringe didn't like the sound of being Romans baby brother, he preferred younger brother. Younger brother sounded better to him. It made him look less childish I guess.

How could he keep Bray away from Dean? What could he do? Offer himself as some sort of sacrifice? Bargain with him? He'd do anything to protect Dean, it was in his nature to protect him. Right now, nothing was more important than Dean's safety.

"Morning big dog." Roman almost jumped out of his skin.
"You trying to give me a heart attack?"
"Maybe. I thought you would have heard me coming. I did trip over my shoes."
"You tripped over your shoes?"
"What? I'm still half asleep and I didn't see you in your bed."
"Was the Lunatic Fringe worried about me?"
"Yes I was now shut up will you. Why are you out here with that distant look on your face?"
"I'm fine Dean. Just thinking about stuff."
"You mean Bray."
"Yes, Bray. And you."
"Why me?"
"Dean, he said he'd go after to you to get to me. There is no other way to get to me."
"Well, there is no way I'm running away or hiding. We are going to take out that sadistic bitch. We'll do it together."
"Dean, I don't want you in harms way. If anything happens to you-"
"Dude, come on. I am Dean Ambrose. Yeah, ok he did injure my neck a while back but that isn't going to happen again. Besides, we got each others backs. We can handle him."
"Aren't you just a little bit scared?"
"Being honest, yes. As long as we stick together we'll be ok. We got this Roman. Go wash those locks of yours. They look off. Use that special stuff you have."
"Yes sir."
"Hop to it then. I want a shower soon aswell. While your in there, I'll get us some breakfast-"
"Wait until I come out. We can go together."
"Roman. I'm a big boy. I can go get us breakfast by myself. If I see that idiot I'll grab a plastic fork and ram it into his eye."
"Don't you hold back Dean. Try not to do too much damage to him, I want to kick his ass aswell."
"I'm sure I can leave you some scraps. Rome, you know I'll do anything for you don't you?"
"Yeah I know. Wait are you going soft on me?"
"Shut up. I'll be back in ten."

Like he said, Dean was back in ten minutes. Of course, Dean being Dean, he brought up with him a good amount of plastic forks. Roman would laugh his ass off when he sees the pile that Dean brought up with him.

Another ten minutes after Dean got back with the food, Roman finally emerged from the bathroom.
"So what did you bring us- Dean, oh my god."
"What?"
"The plastic forks, really?"
"Hey you always gotta be prepared man. Anyone could strike at any time."
"Good point. So we're packing them in every bag?"
"Yep and jackets too."
"Better safe then sorry."
"Damn right. Let's get filled up with food and head to the gym."
"Then to the arena for Smackdown. You think either of us will have a match?"
"Hopefully, one of us will. One of us needs to kick some major ass."
"Believe that."