Chapter 17 - Battleground

"What is he on?" Dean asked once Seth had left the room.
"Heaven knows." Both returned to packing along with Rowan who had remained quiet.

*Backstage at Battleground*

Seth was panicking. Tonight was the night of Brays plan. Tonight his plan would come to fruition. It would if Seth couldn't stop it. He still didn't know what to do. Should he intervene in the match? If he sees something that's about to happen, then come out?

You know what? Screw it.

He'd just decided.

Fuck the consequences.

He was going to find them backstage right now and confront them. Three on one wasn't good odds at all but he had to do something.

He left his locker room and searched for the Wyatts. Seth would find them, try to talk them out of their plans... somehow. Again, he still had no idea what he'd do. All he could do was wing it.

After fifteen minutes looking, he heard those familiar voices. The voices of the twisted, the crazy. The Wyatt family.

"Shhhh... Who's there?"
"Me."
"Seth Rollins. Don't you have a world title to defend?"
"That's not important right now."
"It isn't? That is a suprise. All you care about is that title and being the top dog around here."
"You're wrong."
"Am I? Seth, I am a great judge of character. I know what your thinking. You want our help at the end of your match with Cena don't you?"
"Nope."
"Stop playing dear child. Come on, tell me why you're here."
"I know... I..."
"You know what? You know what you say next will change your life?"
"I know what you're planning for tonight."
"Oh, do you? And what is it you think you know?"
"You're planning on kidnapping Dean. You want to break Roman. You're going to change Dean somehow while you have him."
"What are you going to do about it?"
"Stop you... somehow." Seth whispered the latter.
"You know there's three of us and one of you right?"
"I do. I will stop you Wyatt."
"Tell me, before we leave you for dead... how did Roman and Dean take this news?"
"They.... uh..."
"Didn't believe you did they?" Seth remained quiet. "They didn't believe you did they?" Bray screamed out.
"No."
"Good, because when we're finished with you... we'll get on with our plans. Braun, Luke, have some fun with him."

Seth braced himself. No way was he backing down. He had to stand up to them. If he was going to go down, which seemed like the most probable outcome, he'd go down fighting. He would fight for Dean and Roman. Fight to protect them, try and somehow make up for this past year and what he had done to them. If only they could see that he'd changed.

It didn't take long. Seth fought as best as he could but it was impossible for Seth to walk away, I guess you could say, victorious in this situation. Braun would choke him out like he did with Dean but he didn't keep Seth in the hold as long as he did with Dean.

Bray wanted Seth to wake up and find that Dean was gone. He would use Seth ad another message to Roman. Because of Roman failing to trust his 'baby brother', he would be hurt and Dean would suffer. Everything would be on Roman. It would all be his fault. This was guaranteed to break him. It was just a matter of time.

Seth was left in a heap. Blood spilled from nostril and eyebrow. Left unconscious... left for dead by Bray and his henchmen. With Seth out for the count, they would be able to execute their plan without any interruptions. Now, they just had to wait for their match. It wasn't long until then.

*Time of the match*

The Wyatts came out first, the arena filled boos but filled with flashlights from their phones. It was a magical thing to be part of. People swaying their phones side to side as the Wyatts slowly made their way down the ramp and into the ring.