Chapter 42

~KAANDY

"Look Madison, I don't know what's gotten into you but you need to stop. And besides, whatever is going on is between your sister, Josh & Jayd. Not you."

"How can you say that Kaandy?" It does involve me." Madison said.

"At the end of the day, whose life will change the most? You or your sister?"

Madison thought for a minute. "My sister's."

"It's okay to be concerned but this is about her, not you. You shouldn't be the main one fighting over the man. That's her job."

"Yeah and Josh's a happily married dude. I don't think your sister is going to end up with him." Ken added.

"I guess you guys are right. What am I doing? This isn't even like me at all. I guess when it comes to my sister, Ima go hard for her you know?"

"Trust me, I know." I said. "You know my family. Overall, you shouldn't be explaining this to us."

"Explain this to Jayd." Ken finished my sentence. "You really did hurt her feelings."

"I know I did." Madison said.

She got up. "I gotta go talk to her. I feel so bad about all of this."

She walked up towards the door and went to Jayd's room.

~JAYD.

"What did I ever do to her?" I asked. "I don't even know her fucking sister." I laid down on my bed.

"You know how brothers and sisters get when they want the best for their family. They'll do anything to get it." Calvin said.

"But your marriage is strong Jay." Kimmy added. "They can't break you."

"I feel like they have. Josh and I have been growing apart for some reason. What if he's messing around with her?"

"Don't start with thinking about stuff like that. You're only hurting yourself more." Calvin said.

"Just talk about it with him." Kimmy said. "Communication is key in a relationship."

"I've tried. He's always too busy with something else."

"I think he's avoiding something with you." Calvin said. "You'll never know unless you two talk about it."

"And don't take no for an answer. That'll just push you two further away from each other and it'll be hard to talk to him at all." Kimmy said.

She got up. "Now about Madison."

"Don't worry about her. It'll pass." Calvin said.

"I wish it would pass before your wedding tomorrow Calvin." I said. "I don't think it'll happen though."

"Think again." A soft voice said.

Calvin, Kimmy and I turned around to find a teary-eyed Madison at the door. "Jayd, can I talk to you?" She asked.

"We'll leave you two alone." Kimmy said. She and Calvin got up and walked to the door.

After they left, Madison walked up to the bed and sat down with me. "Look, I'm sorry for all the trouble I've costed you. It's just----I love my sister and I wanted what I thought was best for her. Honestly, I don't know what possessed me to become so forceful about this."

"I understand but, my marriage to Josh. You can't just take that away from me." I replied.

"I know. You two love each other and I should've been respectful of that."

She got up. "My sister. I don't even know if she can be faithful. It's always someone else in the picture. I thought that Josh would've been a perfect fit for her."

"Wow." I was trying to hide my anger.

"I'm sorry Jayd. It will never happen again. I promise. Let's just let bygones be bygones and focus on the wedding."

Damn right it'll never happen again. They'll both be dead if it does.

"Alright, but it's for Kaandy and Calvin. It's gonna take time to get over this."

We hugged. "Thank you Jayd."

"It's okay. We all make mistakes once in a while."

We sat there for a while until Kaandy came in.

"You guys okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said. "I'm sorry for the way I've been acting. I should've been focused on you and Calvin."

"And.. I'm sorry too." Madison said. "I let my emotions get the best of me."

"It's okay. You two sat down like grown women should and talked it out. As long as we got to the bottom of the problem, it's all good."

She gave us a hug.

"Now, all you gotta do is get married." I said. "Are you nervous?"

"Not a lot." She said. "Well, not yet."

"Everything's gonna be perfect tomorrow." Madison said.

"Let's hope so." I said, thinking of Suzanne.

"I know so. I think Suzanne's finally out the picture." Madison replied.

"You can relax Kaandy. Nothing's gonna happen." I reassured her.

"If it does, security is gonna take care of it." Madison added.

Kaandy relaxed a little bit. I mean we are right. She and Calvin are going to be married tomorrow and nothing can stop them...not even Suzanne old ass.

"Yeah y'all right. I'm going to marry Calvin regardless. There's nothing Suzanne can do now." She said.

We all talked a little bit more before I went to get Jayden from Marcus. I couldn't wait to spend quality time with my little man. He's my whole world, along with Josh.❤️

~CALVIN

"You okay baby?" I asked Kaandy when she walked into our room and plopped that fat ass of hers on the bed.

"I'm good baby." She gave me a sweet kiss. "You know you gotta leave right?" She asked.

I laughed. "I know, I know gosh. Already tryna get rid of me?"

"It's bad luck to see the bride on your wedding day." She said.

Since I can't sleep with my love bug, I have to share a room with Marcus and his daughter. I don't mind though, I love hanging out with them.

"I know baby but can't we break tradition?" I pecked her lips.

"Nope." She laughed.

"Alright, I'll remember that." I got up and walked to the door. She was right behind me.

"I can't wait to become Mrs. Walker tomorrow." She said.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together." I replied back.

I gave her another kiss and went out. Kaandy's finally going to be my wife.