Chapter 19

The Same Day.

Corpus Christi, TX

~SUZANNE.

I'm back home, with my parents now. It wasn't what I wanted but I needed to get away from Kaandy and Calvin. My plan didn't work and of course, Travis cussed me out for it. Not that I cared. We still fucking on the DL anyways. He knows he wants all this, I don't know why he playing. That new girl he got isn't hitting on anything. I guess he wanted a change of scenery, like me.

Speaking of him, he has been trying to break up the "Power Couple" . That's what people call them now. Since Kaandy launched her line and WJC has become more busier, they've been a little more powerful in the business/fashion industry. I thought that all the stress would break them up, but their love is too powerful for that. Ughh. As far as I know, they're still together. I have no internet connection over here, so I don't really know what's going on. Maybe time will be on my side and hopefully I can break them up before Calvin pulls out a wedding ring.

Paris, France

~CALVIN.

Kaandy thinks I'm on a business trip to France. Well I am, but not for business.

"Which one of these rings do you like sir?" Said Capulet, my old friend in the jewelry business.

That's right. I'm looking for a ring. I'm ready for the next step and I know Kaandy is as well. She has wedding magazines all over the house, trying to make it obvious without being so obvious. That's my Kaandy.

"I'm not so sure about these." I said. To be honest, none of these rings say Kaandy. I wanted something simple but elegant and fierce all at the same time.

"Well, I do have a ring that I was working on." He said. "Would you like a look at it?"

"Yes please." I know Capulet has Kaandy's ring. I wouldn't be here if he didn't. He came back in with a black box. He opened the box and the ring itself was ..... vibrant. Like, that was Kaandy's ring.

"You like, no?" Capulet said. "This ring I have been working on for a while. It has been looking for the right person since and I believe it belongs with your Kaandy, no?"

I stared at the ring. "Yes it does. How much do you want for it?"

"No, no Mr. Walker. No charge for this ring. Like I said, this ring has been looking for its owner for years. It has now found it and needs no charge to prove that it's worthy for her. Plus, you are one of my good friends. After all the things you done for my business, it's time for me to return the favor."

"I can't do that Capulet." I stated. "There must be something you want for it."

He closed the box and put it in my hand. "Give it to your wife-to-be. That's enough for me."

"Capulet, I don't know what to say. This means so much." I said.

"You don't have to say anything. Your facial expression is enough." Capulet got up and went to put the other rings away.

Kaandy is going to love her ring. I thought. Now I have to get her dad's approval.