Chapter 13

~KAANDY

Oh wow.

This place is gorgeous.

I already feel relaxed.

Jayd and I both decided to get a salt glow body treatment, and a massage. I wanted a Asian massage, but Jayd wanted something different.

The salt glow was amazing. My skin feels so soft now. My skin was already soft but that treatment took it to a whole other level. Next was the massage. Since we got two different ones, I didn't know how Jayd was feeling.

"Kaandy?"

"Mhm, what?"

"I got something to tell you."

"What is it?" Whenever Jayd had something to tell, it was serious. Most of the time.

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh My God, really?"

"Yes."

"Hold up, we'll talk about this after the massage. I can't concentrate that much right now." I was feeling too relaxed.

"Haha, alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still can't believe what Jayd said to me.

I'm pregnant.

The words are still running around in my mind.

"So that's why you didn't get the same massage as me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I saw on this website that the massage I had could sooth nerves and actually help back pain once your belly starts showing."

"How far along are you?"

A little over a month actually."

"I'm so happy for you Jayd." I said. "I remember when we would always talk about having kids and now you're expecting!"

"I know right? I honestly don't know if I'm ready to be a mother."

"Girl, please you're just nervous that's all. Taking care of a child is a big responsibility."

"Yeah, Josh says that also."

"He's the baby daddy?" I asked.

"Yep, he and I have been so great together. We said that we were gonna wait til marriage but looks like that's not happening."

"You're not married yet?"

"Nope. I honestly don't know why either."

"Well, he should hurry up and put a ring on it before the baby gets here."

"Kaandy, you're crazy!" Jayd laughed.

"Damn right I am." I said. "Maybe I can meet him one day when we see each other again."

"Sure, he'll like that."

We paid our amount and went to the car.

"So what are we gonna do about Suzanne?"

I almost dropped my keys. "We?"

"Yes, we. Kaandy, we gotta stop this girl. I know Kimmy would be down for this too."

"I don't want anymore people involved in this than they already are Jay. I don't wanna do anything but if things get out of hand, I will."

"Alright but you know I'm here for ya girl."

I gave her a side hug. "Thanks girl."

"No problem girl. That's what us real bitches do."

I laughed. "You a trip."

~CALVIN

I really miss Kaandy right now.

All I can do is think about her.

That kiss we had last night got me wanting her so bad. I know I told her I would wait but it's killing me inside. I'm gonna be the man she needs, even if I gotta wait. As long as I got her with me, I'm good.

I was in a good mood....until Suzanne came in. I don't know why she smiling and shit at me, we ain't cool.

"Hey Calvin."

"It's Mr. Walker to you now and hello Ms. Coles."

"Really Calvin?" She asked, ignoring my comment. "You're going back to that?"

I stood up. "Yes. We never should've started using our first names in the first place. This is an business environment."

She walked up to me and started playing with my bow tie. "I miss you Calvin. Don't you miss me?"

Is she high?

"If you really missed me, do you think you would've been messing around with my best friend behind my back?"

I honestly don't know why I'm saying this to her, it's not like she's actually gonna listen.

"Okay, so I made a mistake. I'm sorry but you weren't giving me anything in return-"

"Wait, let me stop you right there. You don't understand what real love is and I'm sorry we even decided to get together. Now if you'll excuse me Ms. Coles, I have some work to do." I gently pushed her off of me and sat back down at my desk. (I never push women hard or do anything to hurt them physically.)

She smirked. "Kaandy's got you all sprung up doesn't she?"

No comment.

"Hump! You never did any of that with me."

No comment.

"I'm glad Travis asked me to be with him. You're not a real man like he is."

Okay, now she's just getting irritating.

"Ms. Coles, please leave my office." I said calmly.

She looked at me. "I'll be back, count on that. Good day Mr. Walker."

And with that, she left my office.

Thank God.

"Hey man, what's up?"

Are you fucking kidding me?

Travis came in like he owned the place.

"What do you want?" I spat at him.

"Hey take it easy. I just came to tell you that you need to leave my girl alone. She ain't yours no more."

This is getting out of hand.

"She came into my office. She tried to get back with me. I don't know what you two got going on in your relationship but it's not any of my concern."

I walked up to him. "Travis, I trusted you man. And you go behind my back and do some shit like this."

I had to contain myself. I really was about to punch this nigga dead in his face. "Well, it's like what Mama use to say. You can't trust everybody."

I'm sad to say this but, I can't even trust my best friend anymore. I'm not sure if we are best friends.

"Man, you got everything you ever wanted. I had to work for my shit."

"I had to work for mine too Travis! How you think this cooperation got off the fucking ground!?"

"Whatever man. You need to check yourself. Don't be going crazy over Suzanne."

He thinks I'm going crazy over Suzanne? Nah, I'm just trying to get rid of some unwanted drama.

"Travis, get out of my office."

It's clear to me now. I've lost my best friend.