Chapter 11

~CALVIN

After my date with Kaandy, I went upstairs to my bedroom to get a shirt for her to sleep in. While I went through my drawer, I thought I heard a shuffling noise. I stopped what I was doing so I could listen closely. Now it sounded like footsteps. I walked slowly to my bedside and looked in my drawer to find my gun. I took it off safety and went to the direction the noise was coming from. Then I remembered Kaandy was downstairs.....exactly were the noise was located. I quickly got my phone and texted Kaandy to stay put if she heard anything. Hopefully, I'm just hearing things.....

~KAANDY

I had a great time with Calvin. This could be the start of a brand new relationship for us. I really wanted to fuck him, but I told myself that I would take things slow, no matter how tempted I was.

I got into the shower and washed myself off for bed. Then I brushed my teeth, the usual routine. Gotta go to sleep fresh. After I did all that, I plopped down on the bed to watch a little T.V. A little while later, I decided to check on Calvin, see if he was okay. He was mighty quiet. But before I got off the bed my phone rang, indicating that I had a text. I wasn't gonna look at it but my iPhone will go off repeatedly if I don't, so I looked at it.

*Text*

Calvin: I hear something downstairs where u r. Stay put, imma see wht it is.

At that point, I was scared.

~CALVIN

I went downstairs towards the noise. I thought I saw a shadow near Kaandy's door, but I wasn't sure. I knew I had to do something quick before Kaandy got hurt. I quickened my pace down the stairs. At the end of the hall, I actually saw a man near Kaandy's door. He turned around and saw me. He had on a mask, so I didn't know who he was. All I knew was that I had to protect Kaandy. I shot at him and he shot back.

..................

~KAANDY

I heard gun shots and I immediately ran to the bed and ducked. I don't know what happened but I do hope Calvin's okay.

After a while, I didn't hear anything. I crawled to the door and opened it. A man's body was lying there......blood was all over the place. Calvin was standing over him.

"Thank God you're alright Kaandy." He said.

I was in shock. A killer was right behind my door. Calvin picked me up and carried me to the bed. He laid me down, then he laid down beside me. He wrapped me in his arms.

"Everything's gonna be okay Kaandy. Trust me."

I finally had enough nerve to speak.

"Who was that, Calvin? Why was he near my door?"

He sighed. "I wish I knew Kaandy. I don't know who that guy was but I do know that it's probably not going to be the last one of these encounters. Something tells me that this had to do with more personal matters, not business ones. You okay with that?"

I honestly knew that I wanted to be with Calvin. It just kind of scared me that someone was trying to kill us.

"I'm okay with that, Calvin. As long as we're together and safe, I'm okay."

He smiled. "We're still taking things slow right? Because I might have to sleep with you tonight, after what happened."

"Yes, we are." I poked him. "Don't get any ideas."

"Yes, Kaandy." He laughed.

After that, we just laid there and watched T.V. until our eyes closed. We were still in each others' arms.