Chapter 29

~KAANDY.

I was over at Mama's house, just having girl time with Mama and Kimmy. It's been a minute since we've had one.

"How's the wedding preparations going?" Mama asked.

"They're going good." I stated. "I'm just ready to be married."

"Ain't it though?" Kimmy said.

"Now don't think that marriage life is easy Kaandy. I'm going to be the first to tell you, it isn't." Mama said.

"I know Mama, but you and daddy make it look so easy." I said.

"That's because of what we went through. That's what made us Kaandy. If you don't make it through any of the obstacles thrown at you, then what are you?"

I thought for a minute. "We're nothing if we don't go through it together."

"You two already had a little practice, so you know how it feels." Kimmy replied.

"True." I stated. I went mute after that.

"What's wrong honey?" Mama asked.

"It's nothing Mama." I stated.

"Girl, what's wrong? You being all quiet so something is wrong." Kimmy said.

"It's nothing." I replied again.

Mama and Kimmy looked at each other and gave that look: We-know-better-than-to-believe-that-look.

I got up and walked around the room. "What if Calvin and I don't make it pass an obstacle?" I asked.

"Well it's up to you two to figure out what to do next." Mama replied.

Kimmy got up and walked to me. "Don't rush time, Kanny." She said. "Take it slow."

"Just enjoy the ride and don't stress yourself out over the little things." Mama added. "Bad times will come but the outcome will always end up in good times. Remember that ."

"Thanks for telling me that." I hugged the both of them.

"That's what family's for." Mama said.

"Speaking of family," Kimmy started.

"Oh no, Kimmy." I laughed. "I'm not telling you if we starting a family or not. You're just gonna have to wait like everyone else."

"That's not fair Kaandy." Kimmy said.

"Calvin and I both want it to be a surprise." I said.

"Ugh, fine but I still don't like it." Kimmy said.

For two more hours, we all just chilled and enjoy each other's company. I love my family.

After saying our goodbyes, I drove back home. Some alone time with my future hubby was on my to-do list today as well.

"Baby, I'm home." I sung out loud.

"I'm in the kitchen." He sung back. (And by the way, he's not a singer)

"Hey boo" I gave him a kiss.

"Mhm, can I have one more of your sweet kisses?" He asked.

"As long as I get you to myself in a little while." I replied back.

"That can be arranged." He said. I gave him another kiss, just like he wanted.

"So, what are you making?" I asked, looking around the kitchen.

"Sausage dip." He replied. "I was gonna pop a movie in and chill with my ol' lady tonight when she got back."

"Aww, babe." I got a tortilla chip and dipped into the dip. "Mhm, that tastes good." I said. "You're a great cook."

"I know I am." He replied back. "But there is something we gotta talk about."

"And what's that?" I asked, holding his waist.

"Suzanne." He replied. "She's back"

What the fuck? 😡