Chapter 10 (Part 2)

~KAANDY

Calvin looked so handsome tonight. He had on a black, three-piece suit with a red tie. I can't believe he remembered that red is my favorite color. Speaking of red, he had twelve red roses wrapped up in a red bow waiting for me in the car. I honestly didn't even think he would remember that. The number twelve is the number of the day we started going together back in high school (July 12th). I can tell he put a lot of thought into this. It's actually really cute.

"So, where are we going?" I asked. "Somewhere fancy?"

He smiled. "Sort of."

"What you mean sort of?"

"You'll see."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sort of was right. Instead of going somewhere fancy we ended up at a penthouse, which I'm assuming is his.

"I thought you would have a bigger house." I said.

"I do, but I didn't want to carry you all the way out of town." He said.

I looked at him. "So you have more than one house?"

"I gotta live somewhere when I'm out of town Kaandy."

That makes sense.

After we got inside, he escorted me into this beautiful room. The lights were dimmed where there was only candles lighting up the room. Rose petals were leading up to the table. A single rose was on it, while some petals were circling around. There was even fine china on the table. I know he's fancy but when we arrived, I didn't think it was going to be this way.

In the corner, I saw something like a stove. It actually looked liked one of those stoves you would see in a Japanese restaurant. Oh no he didn't.

"Are we having Japanese tonight?" I asked.

"Nice guess. Were are indeed, Ms. James. I do recall someone saying that Japanese was their favorite kind of food."

He remembered all that?

"Wow." I said. "I can't believe you remembered that."

"You remember a lot of things about the person you love, don't you Kaandy?" He smiled that same smile that always seemed to have me blushing like a schoolgirl. I love that smile. I honestly don't think tonight could get any better. I know it might not be much, but to me, it's much more. These special touches he added in really is making me think that he changed after all. We'll just have to see.