Chapter 5 (Part 2)

At The Restaurant ...

~KAANDY

I saw Kimmy and some woman engaged in a conversation. Actually, it looked a lot more like arguing. Next thing I know, they're both swinging at each other. Kendrick and I both rushed down there to break it up, since everybody else was just looking. I don't know what's going on but I do know that Kimmy's furious. One thing about Kimmy is that she has a bad temper. I mean, I get angry quickly like her, but Kimmy's temper is a whole other level now, especially on today.

"What the hell, Kimmy!" I said. "You just can't go off on a random person in a restaurant!"

Did I mention it was Daddy's restaurant as well?

Daddy is the founder of Divine's. He always loved to cook so he decided to open up his own restaurant. When we were little, Ken, Kimmy, and I would always go with Mama to the restaurant to check up on Daddy. Sometimes, we would be there all day but we wouldn't mind. We loved it there and we still do. Other people agree with us as well. That's why it's so successful today. Daddy's expanded his business in about 5 different states and counting! He's so happy about it and we're happy as well because he's living his dream.

"This bitch over here started it! She's hating on you and Calvin?"

Calvin?

"You're Kaandy?" The woman said.

Nah, I'm Kimmy. The Fuck ?

"Yes, and who the fuck are you?" I asked. Since this bitch wanna be a smart ass, I'll be smart back.

"I'm Calvin's girl."

"Was Calvin's girl." Kimmy said.

"Until you came along." The woman said.

"Calvin was in a relationship?" I asked Kimmy.

"With Suzanne and he will be again soon." Suzanne said. "Just stay away from him or else."

Then "Suzanne" left.

"What a hoe." Kimmy said. "That's why Calvin broke up with her."

"Okay, what the fuck is going on!" I asked.

"I would like to know as well." Kendrick said.

By then we had the whole restaurant's attention. Thank God Daddy wasn't here. It could have been worse.

"Come with me, I'll explain in the back." Kimmy said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went into Daddy's office to talk. Whatever this discussion was about, I know it involved all of us.

"Okay, look. Calvin was in a relationship."

"With Suzanne right?" Kendrick asked.

"Yes, he was. So I assuming he broke up with her yesterday after we talked. She must be did cheated on him-"

"Wait, you called him?" I said.

What's really going on?

Kimmy looked at Kendrick. "I guess we should tell her, huh?" Kimmy said.

"Tell me what!?"

Kendrick started talking.  "Kaandy, Calvin never left our lives. He really does love you."

"What do you mean?"

"He's the one that paid for the help with your addiction. He even helps Dad out with the restaurant business even though he doesn't need it. Kaandy, he wanted you to get better. He wants to show you what real love is. Those other guys didn't and don't care about you like he does. In your eyes, he might not be right for you. In everyone else eyes, he's the right one. Even though he hurt you, he wants a second chance to show how much he stills loves you. Let him, Kaandy.

"Why should I let him?" I said. "I don't know if he has changed for the better."

"You'll never know unless you try, Kaandy." Kimmy said.

Kimmy got a piece of paper and wrote something on it.

"Here's his number. Call him."

I took the paper and looked at it. I did wanted to talk to him. I just didn't want to regret it.

"Well, we all know what's going on now right?" Kendrick said.

"Yeah, I guess this won't be the last time we hear from Suzanne." I said.

Goodbye peace.