Chapter 4

~SUZANNE

"Fucking Hoe."

Those words rang over and over again in my ears.

"Did I stutter, Suzanne?"

I didn't answer.

He removed me from his lap and started pacing back and forth.

It was quiet for a while. Then he said, "Suzanne, I suggest you start talking."

I finally had the courage to speak.

"Well, I wasn't receiving any love from you and-"

"Bullshit Suzanne. You know I always gave you love, even when I wasn't getting any back.

Now that had me heated.

"I always gave you love. You acting stupid. That's the kind of nigga you are! Travis-"

"TRAVIS!?"

Here we go.

~KAANDY

I couldn't help but think about what Kimmy said. Maybe I should give him another chance. I rolled over on my stomach. "Ughh!" Why love gotta be so complicated. I want him to hurt, just like I did....or....am. Truth be told, I know I still love him. "I can't keep lying to myself like this!" I thought.

"I need major help."

I got off of my bed and went to look for my slippers. I wasn't leaving out my room until I found the right ones. They gotta match my outfit.

When I found them, I went down stairs to look for Mama.

~SUZANNE

"So Travis is the nigga you've been cheating on me with?"

I started crying. "No, it wasn't him!"

Calvin looked at me. Then, he slammed a nearby glass on the wall.

He rubbed his face.

"Suzanne, I know you're lying to me. I heard rumors about you two but, I didn't think it was true. Not in a million years I would have ever thought that it was true."

I looked deep into his eyes. They were hurt. Then his eyes changed into a whole new form. They were cold and appeared furious.

"Now I know how Kaandy felt when she first found out I cheated on her. She was-"

My anger built up inside me.

"She wasn't shit and will never be shit!"

"I should've never fucked with you. Get your things and leave Walker-Jones Cooperation."

He was so calm. I've should've known this was gonna happen sooner or later.

And with that, I stormed out of his office.

"That Kaandy better watch out if she comes near me." I said to myself. "I'll fuck her ass up."

~KAANDY

"See Mama? I'm in a mess and I can't get out of it."

She looked at me with concern and love in her eyes. Those are the eyes that I love the most, other than my own.

"Baby, you're not in a mess. You just got a road block in your way."

"What?"

She put her hands on my face. "You and I both know that you love this man, even though he hurt you. Sometimes, you just gotta look past that pain and think deeply about yourself. Do you want to start over, or do you want to go your separate ways?"

I looked out at the sunset. We were outside on the patio getting some fresh air. One thing I loved about this time was that I got to be with Mama. She's been through practically the same thing with Daddy, so she knows where I'm coming from.

"It seems like you got a big decision to make." She said after a while. "Follow your heart, Kaandy. It might not make sense now but sooner or later it will. Make some decisions that you know that makes sense in your life. Follow God's pathway for you and everything will be alright, I promise."

I hugged her. "Thank you Mama. I love you."

"Love you too sweetheart."

After that, I just decided to turn in for the night.

I just know it's gonna be a long couple of months.