CHAPTER Twenty One

"Thanks," Lora said as she was made to lie down on the bed.

But there wasn't any reply from him.

"As silent as usual... But never mind. I'm too tired to argue today," she said as she lied down in pain.

The doctors nursing didn't benefit her much. The pain was same like before. She looked at the boy who had helped her all the way till now. She was really surprised to receive help from him.

"What's surprising in that... He isn't your enemy. He is your friend," she said to herself but even then it didn't satisfied her that the boy would help her out.
She looked at him who was facing at the door as he lied.

Lora thought how tiring her day was. More then tiering it was a painful day but she was happy as physical pain aren't that hurtfull then those mental ones and she was lucky enough to not receive any of those.

Time passed but the broken girl didn't receive any sleep. She was feeling sleepy but even then she wasn't felling sleepy.

"Kane would be fast asleep by now," she thought as an hour passed. He was still facing the other side so she wasn't able to judge that well. But a probable guess was that he was fast asleep.

As she tried to pass her time her sight reached his hands. She remembered that Kane was hiding his hands when they were in the nursery. She remembered his hands being badly injured.

"You always tell me that I'm a fool, what about you...," she said and tried to sit up.

She removed the first aid box kept in the side table. She tried to move using the crystal walls support and move towards Kane's bed. She applied some cleaning agents for which Kane responded by an expression of pain... Lora wondered whether he was awake. She waited for few minutes to check whether there was any sign that confirmed that he was awake or asleep. Seeing no sign of him being awake she applied some healing medicines and closed the wounds by bandages. She took the first aid box and was heading back to her bed when her hand suddenly slipped. She closed her eyes in order to make herself ready to get more hurt. But surprisingly when she opened her eyes she found herself in kane's arms again.

"You always want me to come and help you out, don't you," he asked as he made her sit down on her bed again.

"You were awake," she asked him totally shocked by the recent scene.

She lied down on her bed giving out a sigh of some relief.

The arrogant boy didn't reply and headed at his previous location.

Lora felt a bit embarrassed. She was feeling weird. Trying to remove all that she converted those feeling in terms of anger and asked him, "When you were awake why did you try acting asleep,"

There wasn't any reply again rather he totally ignored the girl and facing at the opposite site he was back to sleep.

Lora tried to sleep. She knew it wasn't any use to ask the rude boy any question as he wont answer but she was felling good in his company today rather then depressed. She knew that there was a caring guy in the arrongant acting person.

Next morning begun.

Lora got up before kane this time. She stretched herself happily for her first achievement of the day.

Leona entered the room that woke up Kane.

"Hey Leona," Lora greeted her tennage principal.

Kane and Leona looked at her with shocking face. They exchanged glanses with each other and then back to Lora.

"Is everything alright," she asked seeing the surprised starrers.

"How are you feeling Lora," Leona asked with a change in her expression into a joyful one.

"I'm in a very awesome condition and planning to win today's match," Lora said.

Kane left the other 2 and went to get freshen up. He arrived in 5 minutes time and joined the eating girl. Leona had already left.

"How's your hand now," Lora asked as she popped the food in her mouth.

"Finish off your breakfast. We need to show you to the doctor before we leave," he said.

Lora was thinking what was Leona and Kane talking in the sign language before he went to get fresh...Lora wasn't able to understand their signs. They were just starring and nodding their heads...

"Are you waiting for someone to come and feed you," Kane asked.

Lora was distracted. She realized she was just sitting in her thoughts with spoon filled in her hand.

"Yes I was thinking probably you would feed me," Lora said with a teasing smile.

It was a great response and really made Kane's mouth go shut.

They finished off their breakfast. Lora had changed herself in a track suit so that she would be able to play well without any disturbance because of her dressing way. She had made her high pony...Even after putting a high pony her hairs reached almost till the mid thoracic vertebra.