CHAPTER SEVEN: A BOLT FROM THE BLUE

"A news for all of you. There is a meeting which is going to be held in the auditorium at 3 pm. Hope to see you on time," Leona said and disappeared.

Leona's ingress and departure had always awestruck by Lora. She wondered how Leona could perform it being her age.

The team decided to celebrate their new member's entry at the noodles shop.

They reached there and took their seats. The cook of the shop was introduced as their coach. Lora was shocked. There was some shocking expression even on Kane's face but he overcame it soon.

Axle introduced him as the football team member of Enchants who had retired after the death of his fellow team mates before a championship match. Enchants football team was the only football team who had never reached the finals.

"This time the championship match is going to be held and I guess Leona is planning to send our football team this year," Duke their coach said placing their orders.

"This year!" Lora asked getting a bit tensed as she had just joined the team.

She looked at Kane who was the second new member but there wasn't any anxious or tensed look on his face. He's face was always expressionless.

"The championship takes place in every decade," Axle informed.

The two new comers were enlightened with few past stories about the football team.

In the preceding football team, Duke played as a midfielder. They had reached the finals but they were not able to set foot on the ground on their final match. On their way there was a grievous accident, causing the death of all the players.

Duke was the only survivor but he too faced serious injuries because of which he wasn't able to play football. Since then Enchants have been without a football team.

Previous year Mark arrived to Enchants and urged to join the football team but he was disappointed to find out that there wasn't one. He decided to form his own team.

The entire year Mark hunted for new members and coached them for the competitions. Thus forfeiture the studies of an entire year. So in other words the Crashing Eleven's combat training would begin starting that year, if they attended.

"The championship match is soon," Duke said with firm eyes towards Mark.

"Do you want to say that the match which Leona was talking about was one among the championship match?" Mark asked.

"Maybe," Duke replied.

"The others have been training since 10 years. It's going to be damn tough," a grayish eyed member named Neil replied.

He was a logical guy who always used to do things based on the possibility of success. He used to think more about destiny and luck but he's nature changed after he joined the football team. He had long brunette hair that be fitted well with his grayish eyes.

"Aren't you all getting late for the meeting. It's already quarter to 3 and Mark knows quite well what will happen if you get late," Duke reminded.

Mark was shocked checking the time. He hastens to finish the noodles and dashed towards the meeting place.

Lora pondered why the team members were so agitated and specially Mark. Was Leona that short tempered?

As luck would have it, they reached the meeting place just on time. Their scuttle had made them exhausted. All were panting.

In all that commotion Lora espied Kane. He was full of vim and vigor.

"Is he that powerful," Lora mused.

Crashing Eleven members were the last ones to arrive and acquired the rearmost seats.

The members were disquieted. They cudgeled their brains pondering whether to participate in the championship game or not. Lora was anxious too. She knew that she wasn't ready to play a match at such a high level.

Their ruminating was disturbed when Leona swiftly manifested herself on the stage. 2 tall men pop up along with her. They stood in the back at a distance.

Leona headed forward and was about to commence the announcement.

"We won't be able to hear anything being so far off," Lora said.

"Don't worry about that," Axle replied.

Lora knew it would be some sort of magic. Leona begun with her announcement. It was in her usual tone but Lora was able to hear her speak loud and clear.

"This meeting is held to assign the fresher's to their respective classroom. Each classroom will contain one professor, who would divide you into much smaller groups depending upon your skills and assign you your respective tasks.

Another notice is that the fighting lectures would be delayed, as this year our 'School of Enchants' is going to participate in the football championship game.

As we know that this championship is held once a decade, so we have decided to not miss this opportunity and try our best to win the trophy,"

The news came like a bolt from the blue for the Crashing Eleven members excluding Kane.

"There are many preparations the school has to prepare so the fighting lectures will begin once the first match is over. The delay is only for the fresher's. Other students will have their training continued as per their schedule.

And for the football members, if they failed the result would be their resolving," Leona said sternly looking at the Crashing Eleven members.

Even from that great distance Mark could feel Leona eyeballing at him. He swallowed in his fear and tried acting like a captain.

The members were perturbed. Lora was clueless about the championship game and how the players would be. But looking at her teammate's condition she was sure that it was going to be damn hard.

"All right Conjurer's work hard and try to liberate yourself from this place as soon as possible," Leona said her last words and just disappeared.

The other 2 men came forward and started to call out names with their respective classroom and the teacher that have been assigned.

THANKS FOR READING...