CHAPTER Twenty Four

Mark was on his knees. He was too tired. He's gloves was torn and his attire's sleeves. He's hands were burn and even his stomach area which he used in the last to stop the ball.

The doctor examined him as the worried Crashing Eleven surrounded him. Their coach stood next to them.

"He can't play further," the examiner reported, "His hands are all burned up and there are fractures in his hands. His stomach area have received burns but there isn't that great damage but he won't be able to play as a goalie at least,"  

"No I will play. I can play," Mark said getting up.

He could never imagine his team losing and are not allowed to play any further. He just can't imagine he's life without football.
He looked at Leona who face was down all wet with tears sitting in the crowd.

"I wont lose"; Mark said as he got up and tried wearing his gloves. The examiner headed back to his station.

No player in the Crashing Eleven team was able to stop Mark from playing and they weren't even trying too as they all knew that their team had only a lone goalie and their match would end up just by the removal of that one.

"Don't worry Mark we won't let the ball reach you," Lora said.

"Lora you don't worry about that. We will do the needful... We are shifting towards the defence from now onwards"; Taren said.

"Yeah you just do the striking part;" Dan said.

Others agreed to the plan. All the players were now on the defensive place. It was headed by Gray and Neil followed by Daniel and Taron guarding Mark.

Rock and Noel played as the mid field palyers and four players for striking and assisting the strikers.

The game began. The four strikers were passing the ball to each other at a smaller distance to prevent the ball to be taken away as they moved towards the net. The ball was passed to Maruto once they crossed the mid pass.

Maruto kicked the ball upward. It almost reached about 5th floor. the two striking partners jumped uptil the 2nd floor.

Lora tried to take Maruto's support but just then he lost his balance in the air and was falling down.
Lora knew she would probably lose her balance soon so she tried doing some kicking action in the air just to get balance even though the ball was not with her it was yet high above.

Lora had the balance but just then she heard the announcer speak that the opposite player had took a flight. She felt someone cross her in the sky. She looked upward where she saw a glimpse of the opposite player take away the ball from there.

Lora got distracted and lost the balance and fell on the ground hurting her patella's and her metacarpals.

The match was going on as stopping it again and again wasn't right.  The opposite player were not letting any chance for the Crashing Eleven to take the ball.

Kane directed the two midfield defenders to move towards the defence and Axle and Kane took the mid field position leaving Lora and Maruto in the forward.

All the opponents strikers had half circled the crashing elevens defence and started to hit them again and again. The ball hited their face, their stomach, their thighs and many other parts of their body but no one moved from their place.

They decided to not let the ball reach Mark in any state. The defenders were injured very badly. All of them were wounded, having no strength to even keep standing. They were bleeding but yet their will made them keep on.

The math continued for five minutes in that manner but it seemed to be continued in the same manner until the Crashing Eleven won't give up.

The captain of the team had got fed by now and used his move to flush them all in an instant.
It seemed they had a great time hurting them. They seemed to do that purposely and now when they had their fill they decided to end up with a final blow.

The captain used the same technique that had injured Mark's hands.
The air cyclone moved towards the defenders hitting them badly, burning, tearing them but they didn't moved at all. All stood like a pillar but the pressure was so high that all were thrown away like piles of leaves.

The ball moved straight towards Mark. He tried using the dual defense the monstrous hands appeared but before the ball could have reached them they disappeared again. The technique was a failure. The ball was going to reach Mark and everything was going to end up by total distruction of the entire team.

Mark wasn't able to do anything. The huge cyclone moved towards him. Fright had covered him making him go stiff and not allowing him to move. The ball was going to hit Mark but its way was distracted and it hit the steel post side by and repelled backwards. The goal was prevented but no one knew what had happened all of a sudden.