Chapter 10

I woke up at nine in the morning and started to panic because I had already missed two classes. I went downstairs to see Jane and Mr. Morris eating breakfast at the bar in their kitchen.
   " Come on down and eat breakfast with us," Mr. Morris said. That was the first time in a long time I had heard that. So I sat down and ate pancakes with Jane and Mr. Morris. The same meal that had been denied to me the day before. After we finished eating I remembered that it was Tuesday and we had school today.
     "Ummm Mr. Morris don't we have school today?"
      " Alex I called the school and told them what happened, both you and Jane have been excused from school all this week."
    " Thank you so much Mr. Morris!" And then we hugged again but this time Jane joined us.
    Jane and I headed up the stairs and into her room. "Jane all of my school supplies are at my house. Along with my clothes and my diary."
    " Don't worry about we are buying you all new clothes and my dad is getting your personal belongings today with a police escorts. Social Services has allowed you to stay with us till the court date where the judge will decide where you will stay since your parents like disowned you so the judge will most likely be in our favor and you would want to stay here right?"
     "Yes definitely I feel like you guys care for me unlike my parents."
     "Alright do you want to go back to your house to get your belongings, you will be escorted by police."
     "Yeah I want to go get my stuff and finally leave that house forever."
     "Okay then you are going to have to get dressed my closet is over there take whatever you want. Oh and my dad bought you a pack of underwear and he put it on your nightstand." I walked over to her closet and was amazed by what I saw. There was so many blouses and shirts and jeans. I found a pair of jeans that fit me okay and a red t-shirt that had a basketball on it, my favorite sport. Jane told me I could keep the clothes and so I left the room to go do my hair in the bathroom that was connected to my room just like Jane has one connected to her room. I walked up to the counter and saw not only a hairbrush but also styling products, ponytails, headbands and bobby pins. I went into the walk in shower and saw shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a poof. I took another look in the mirror at my greasy hair and glanced at the shower and I couldn't resist the urge to take a nice shower and with good soap and I took a ten minute shower. I got out and used one of the gloriously soft towels and blowed dried my hair. I threw on the jeans and the red t-shirt and stared at the hair products in amazement and decided to just brush my blonde hair out and put it in a ponytail with a red headband. Then I got in the car and drove to my dreaded old house.