Chapter 31

"That umm man fled the scene before the explosion occurred. They haven't found him yet."
"That man used to be my father."
"Well we don't have to worry about that anymore, do we?"
"Well I guess not." With that the nurse walked out of the room and I was left alone with the tv and my thoughts. I sat in the hospital bed thinking about how much of a burden I had placed on my dad. In only a few days there had been multiple hospital trips and now a car accident. He took me in and all I've done is cause him problems, and now Jane was sick. Could he really take me in? Was I a problem to him? Was I too much for him to handle at the moment?
      I laid in the hospital bed absorbed in my thoughts in the back of my mind I knew it was too good to be true, but I didn't want it believe that. I had pulled Jane out of real school and put her in homeschooling. Did they really still want me? I felt a lone, cold tear run down my face and I knew I couldn't stay with him till I turned eighteen. I was going to have to leave and make it out on my own. He wasn't going to be able to take care of me and Jane and me. He was only one person and two girls with the problems I caused he wasn't going to be able to do it. As I lay bedridden and bandaged my dad, Mr. Morris walked in.
        He looked tired and pale not what I remembered him looking, he used to have his own little glow, lively and full of life, he now looked the exact opposite. "Hey sweetie how are you doing?"
      "I'm okay considering that we were in a car crash." Mr. Morris had a large bruise on his forehead that was a deep, dark purple. As my dad was about to speak we heard a siren go off in Jane's room and my dad rushed out of the room. I sat in silence waiting for someone to tell me what had happened and then I heard Jane violently coughing, the nasty cough she had had the days before. As about ten nurses rushed to Jane's room my arm started to burn and sting as the infection was getting worse. I shifted trying to stop the pain, but I should've never moved because the minute I did my body went cold and the wound started bleeding again.