Chapter 29

I unbuckled Mr. Morris' seat belt and grabbed his shoulders. I did the same thing as Jane and scooted him onto the floorboard. I strained and pulled him next to Jane I set them up where they were sitting up against the ditch. As I saw the ambulance pull up I felt the impact of the crash and I passed out. Luckily the ambulance saw us and about five paramedics jumped out.  I woke up again after the three second of unconsciousness and I felt cold all over except for my right side where I had been hit. I touched my right side and I realized I was bleeding, bleeding a lot. The paramedics hadn't seemed to notice me because I was behind Jane and my dad. I laid there shaking and losing blood. Everything started to go fuzzy and just as I lost all control of my body and passed out as I did I heard a paramedic scream "There's another one!"
I woke up again, I seemed to be going in and out of consciousness. I looked over at the cars from the ditch I was still laying in and as I was trying to tell them about the gasoline leak the cars exploded. The paramedic grabbed the shock blanket and wrapped it around me and him as a shield from the heat and flying metal. Some metal flew threw the blanket but we managed to avoid getting hit. The heat was overwhelming probably for the paramedic but for me going threw shock it felt amazing. Once the explosion ended the paramedic picked me up and looked over to the ambulance to see that it had left.
The paramedic wrapped me in the blanket and set me back down to use his radio to call another ambulance. But he couldn't get a signal. He pulled out his cell phone instead and called 911 urgently. The ambulance and fire truck was now on its way. Just when we thought we might catch a break we looked over and the grass was catching on fire from the vehicles flames and rapidly approaching us.