Chapter 25

"Dad!" I screamed as my dad hit the ground and my "father started pacing towards me. He took a swing and hit me in the face and I felt myself go lightheaded and I sat down on the bench in the music store. My vision began to go hazy and then the cops grabbed me and carried me out of the store.

      The next thing I remember is getting ushered into an ambulance with my dad beside me, more conscious than I was, but not in that great of shape. I remember constantly asking "did they get him? did they get him?" over and over again. Once I was fully awake I noticed I had a blind spot. Again in the same eye I had another black eye I thought to myself, but after I got over my black eye the first thing that came to mind was my dad. I turned to see to the side of my bad eye to see with my good eye and there he was laying right beside me in a different bed. And sitting in a chair infront of my bed was Jane.

    "Alex you're awake!" My dads voice filled me with joy if he was talking to me he was okay! I looked over at my dad and he had a huge knot on his head.

      "Dad are you okay?!"

     "I'm just fine sweetie pie it's only a knot there is nothing else wrong. We're actually going home tomorrow. They have to keep us here because they actually didn't catch your umm "father" they want to keep us safe for the night while your "father" has time to cool down." You sat there in silence wondering what in the world was going to happen next. "Oh and honey they have to make sure you don't lose any vision in your eye."

   "Alright dad." Then everyone went to sleep, even Jane, it had been a long stressful day.

     When I woke up it was six a.m and I could actually see out of both eyes, immediately the nurse gave me a vision test.

    "20 out of 20, no vision lost your good to go! Mr. Morris how is your head feeling?"
     "Much better this morning than yesterday."

     "Alright y'all are ready I'll get your papers." The nurse said with enthusiasm.

     "Jane honey are you ready?" Mr. Morris shook the still asleep Jane on the plastic uncomfortable chairs, as I looked over Jane I noticed Jane seemed paler than normal.

    "Uh yeah um sure." Then the nastiest cough I had ever heard erupted from Jane's mouth.

     "Jane are you okay?" Mr. Morris questioned with a lot of nervousness in his voice.

     "Yeah I'm good, just a little sore from sleeping in the chairs."

    "Alright then. We're off!" With that all three left the hospital and jumped in the car but as they hit the freeway Jane started coughing and wouldn't stop...