Part 42: The Visit

When we agreed on a plan, I left. I stole the book of the damned on my way out and locked my door. If their plan fails, I need a backup. There's a spell in here that can kill him, and I don't care if it takes my life. I am going to kill him. Not for me, for the Winchesters and Castiel. I rip the page out and practice the spell over and over until it's memorized. After I feel confident with the words, she appears. I stand and run to the door because words won't come out of my mouth to call them. "You can't do this", she said. I tried to speak. "If you do one spell like this, you can pull it off but at a terrible cost. You'll die, and your powers will be drained from the spell so you'll actually die", she said. "I tried to bring my friend back with my powers. I could've done it, but I didn't want to die", she said getting in my face and stepping away from the door. "We need you", she said snapping her fingers and disappearing. "Castiel!", I yelled. The sound of my own voice startled me because I didn't think I would be able to talk. I threw the book under my bed and unlocked the door they were trying to break down. "She was here", I said as they all piled in. "What did she want?", Dean asked. I can't tell them about the spell. They'll only try to stop me. "I, uh. I don't know. She just locked the door. When I yelled for you, she left", I lied. "Hello boys", I heard a voice yell. We all run to where he is. "This is a courtesy. I'm warning you all. Come after me, and I won't hesitate to kill each one of you. Even your little pet, Castiel", he said before disappearing. I wish I could do that. "He's given threats before", I said. "If we go to him, he will only have demons waiting to ambush us", Dean said. "We can summon him instead of letting him have the advantage", I say. "Tomorrow", Dean said leaving. He came back with pizza and beer. That night, we played poker and had fun. I knew in the back of my head that the next day I would be taking on something nearly impossible. They didn't suspect anything. They still thought that Crowley was just going to help get rid of my powers. These are the moments I live for. I look over and see Dean give me a genuine smile as I win the game. I look to the other side and see Castiel. The sight of a buzzed angel is just priceless. Sam's hair is everywhere as he laughs and sips his beer. "Thank you guys. For everything", I say. They gave me a smile and nodded. Sam, Dean, and I all passed out in the main bookroom. I woke up beside Sam and saw Castiel with and piece of paper in his hand. "Were you going to tell us?", he asked.