Ch.15: What?

"Wait what?" I yell at Peeta. "Katniss, we have to. He's our godson." Peeta looks at me. I look down. I know it's the right thing to do, but I can't. "Peeta, I don't want any kids. I love Fin, I do, but I can't take care of him. You know I can't." I cry. "Katniss, I'm taking him wether you like it or not. Annie is gone and you want to leave her and Finnick's child all alone. We can live back at my house if we have to." He says and that's all it takes for me to run out of the hospital.

I break through the door inhaling the crisp air. I gulp for breath, but it seems like I can't get anything. I clutch my stomach and sit on a bench. Not a minute later Finn and Peeta appear out of the door hand in hand.

"Are you coming with us or not?" he asks with a harsh tone. I sigh and get up. I don't speak the whole way there. Finn tries to hold my hand, but I shake him off. "Really." Peeta holds his hands in the air before picking up Finn to carry him the rest of the way.

When we get home, I storm upstairs to the bedroom and slam the door. The walls are thin, so I can here everything they say. "What's wrong with Auntie Katniss?" Finn asks. "Well, Finn, her friend's with God now. That's your mom. She's up there with your dad and Katniss's dad and Prim, you've heard of her. I cry at the mention of everyone I've lost. I have to be there for Finn because he can't lose everyone like I have. He needs someone.

I walk downstairs in white thin socks. "Finn?" I call in a gentle voice. He runs up to me and gives me a hug. "I'm here for you." he says and plays with my hair that's fallen. "And I'm here for you too Finn. Love you." I say patting his back and pick him up.

We walk into the kitchen to see Peeta cooking some cheesy buns. I swear he's trying to make me feel guilty for this, but I don't change my mind about the fact that we should've talked about it. "Hey." I say. "Hello." he says putting cheese on top of the buns. "Finn said he was hungry." he says. "Uncle Peeta! I love cheesy bread!" he laughs. I don't know how, but he seems to lighten the mood. Peeta laughs. "Kat, we'll talk about this later, the snacks are almost done."