Ch. 28: I'm Not

I wake up from a nightmare only to run to the bathroom and throw up. Peeta comes and rubs my back and holds my hair away from my face. "Are you okay, Kat?" He asks. "No, Peeta." I say and roll my eyes. "Well, what's wrong? Do you need to go to the doctor?" He says his loving blue eyes looking deep into my restless seam ones. "Peeta... I'm pregnant..." I sigh. "What? This is amazing, Katniss! I love you so much and our baby!" He beams with happiness. I can't stop the tears that begin to roll down my eyes. "I know that this is the one thing you've always wanted, but I don't know if I can handle it. I-I'm not ready. I just- I can't do it." I say. Peeta leans down towards me and makes me look him in his eyes once again. "The one thing I've always wanted is you. Let's take this one day at a time. You can handle anything, and you most definitely can handle this." He says. I fall into his embrace. He has always believed in me, but he really shouldn't this time. 

"Have you been to the doctor yet?" He sighs. "No." I say. "Well, I'll cook some breakfast while you take a shower and get dressed and while you eat I'll get dressed and we can go. How's that sound?" He looks at me with his ocean blue eyes and his curly hair falling into his eyelashes. I nod . 

As I'm washing up in the shower thoughts start to bombard me. I wonder what the gender is? Boy or Girl? What does Peeta want? I don't really care about these things, I only care about Peeta. I just don't get why this had to happen. I loose everyone important to me and now I have something else to lose. 

I have to tell Haymitch. 

A/N Shortest chapter ever lmao dont kill me. I'm sorry I haven't updated school is kicking my butt. I'm on a two week break rn so I'll hopefully update pretty soon and it'll  be  a longer one :)