Ch. 20: Where Am I?

I wake up on a cold floor. Where am I? The strange room is all grey and the floor is tiled. It reminds me of the room I found my makeup team in. I bring myself to a standing position. I begin to trace the walls strange pattern. I notice the taste of metal in my mouth. I notice there is only a door, but there is no handle. There are no windows and the only light is reflecting off of one of the walls. It's set to a forest. It's like the walls in the room I stayed in for the 74th Hunger Games, except no remote is to be found. 

I don't need to break out of here. Hopefully they'll kill me. I don't want to live, not without Peeta. I want to die. I have a feeling that whoever took me is not going to kill me. They're going to do something much worse. If they wanted me dead, they would've let me eat the berries. My bare feet make noise as I edge closer to the metal door. 

It opens, but before I can get out a familiar face comes through it and it shuts once more. "Hello, Ms. Everdeen." Snow says with an evil smile on his face. "I thought you were dead." I say backing up. "I thought you of all people would know to make sure of that before leaving me unattended." He says fixing his rose. He looks a lot skinnier now than he did before. "Well, let's get to it, kill me already." I say. He laughs. "Why would I want to kill you? That's too easy. You could've killed yourself. At first, that was the plan, the nightlock to kill you, but I have a better plan." He says frightening me. "Hurt me, not Peeta." I say with my eyes glued to his. "Now what fun would that be, you are already hurt." He says before the door opens and he walks out. 

I throw myself against the wall. I want to die. He can't hurt Peeta. I won't let him. I eventually pass out from exhaustion.

~~~~~~

I wake up in the same room, but on a hospital bed with restraints. I have an IV in my arm full of who-knows-what and  facing the wall that the screen is on. I haven't even been here for a day and I already miss the scent of the woods. 

Then Snow comes in. He laughs before speaking. "Ms. Everdeen, you know what I'm going to do, don't you?" That's when it clicks. He's gonna hijack me. "Trackerjackers? " I suggest. "No, this is much stronger." He says. "Enjoy." Were his last words before exiting and Peeta in the 74th games appears on the screen. I won't let snow do this to me.