Chapter Three

"Ashton."

"What?" Ashton spat coldly, not looking at Liam as they both sat on the fallen tree Liam sat on the day befor.

"I have to tell you something."

"There's more?"

"First of all, I'm leaving." Liam just let the words roll off his tongue, knowing that saying those words will be the hardest part.

"Without me?" Ashton turned to look at him.

"Yes. I have to."

"Then why did fucking pulled me out?? You should have just left me there!"

"I wanted to give you a chance to live!"

"I don't want to live anymore!" Ashton stood up and took a few steps away from him again.

"I'm sorry okay? But at least now you have a chance."

"Did you lied to me?"

"What?"

"Did you lied to me all of those times you said you talked to my parents?"

"No, yes." Liam rambled.

"Oh my god." Ashton hissed, feeling his chest tighting to Liam's words, "I don't even want to hear it." He muttered under his breath while passing his hand in his hair and biting his lip harshly.

"Ashton."

"Just leave already."

"You'll understand it all with time I promise." Liam spoke calmly.

"No I won't." Ashton started walking away again and Liam knew that this time this is it, he has to go and he didn't even get to tell Ashton he wasn't human.

Or how much he loved him, despite the hard decision he had to do.

Ashton let the tears fall as he strode away from Liam. A minute ago he thought his parents might have died in that day but now, he started thinking that maybe they were dead long befor and Liam just kept it from him.

That maybe Liam just lied all of those years and Ashton was living in an illusion.

In some point, he just laid on the ground, facing a tree and trying to let his body calm down from the pain. He closed his eyes and then fell asleep again, just hoping to have an easy death and die in his sleep. He couldn't bear the pain and the thought of killing himself crossed in his head more then once. It wasn't just the huge pain of grief and ache that filled every inch of his body, it was also the fear. He was left alone to deal with the creaturs of the world he never knew. He was afraid to get caught and he knew killing himself will be the way to end all of his pain and fear.

Liam walked the other direction slowly, with his heart resisting every step he took.
He had a good heart despite what he just did and he wanted to stay with Ashton, he didn't want to think he saved him just to delay death for him a bit longer.

He had to find his father, and he had to find a way to do it without his father knowing.

He stopped in his place and glanced back, he wanted to take Ashton to this journey with him but Ashton will only slow him and he needed a headstart when it came to his father.

And his dad couldn't meet Ashton, not for the time being.

He was a cruel man and he won't spare Ashton's life no matter what Liam will do or give him in return.

He hoped Ashton will survive long enough in those woods so he could come back and find him alive and then maybe, just maybe live a life with him in a safe place.

But the chances were below zero and Liam knew it.