Chapter Thirty Two

The phone ranged for the third time and Ashton stared at the small screen that rested on the living room table.

"Aren't you going to answer?" Ashton turned to look at Luke, who ignored the phone and looked at the TV.

"Its not for me."

"Its your phone." Ashton frowned and looked at the phone again, seeing an unknown number on the screen.

"And yet, he's not looking for me."

"Liam?"

"Yes."

Ashton didn't say a thing after that, he simply ignored the phone too and stared at the TV.

"Ignoring won't make him stop."

"So answer."

"I'm not talking to him again. This is between you two."

"Okay." Ashton shrugged.

Luke stared back at the TV while the phone kept ringing. Liam couldn't help it, he wanted to give Ashton the space he needed but he just couldn't. He had so much to make up for and Ashton was his younger brother, he couldn't just leave him alone and let him live his life. He knew Ashton was mad at him for lying to him all of those years and leaving him in the woods after taking him out of the shell.

But he had to leave him so in order to go find their father. His father didn't even acknowledged Liam and he knew he wouldn't acknowledged Ashton too.

Liam wanted to offee Ashton to meet their father even though he knew his father wants nothing to do with his second child.

Liam managed to get closer to him, now being able to talk and meet him despite the fact his father didn't want to all of those years. Its been long and tiring to find him again because Caius was good at hiding if he needed to..

Liam hunged the phone when he realized Luke isn't going to pick up and that Ashton probably asked him not to.

He sighed and looked at his father.

"I really think you should let Ashton meet you."

"I said no." Caius

"Please Caius,"

"Liam, enough is enough. Unless you have something else to say I suggest you'de leave."

Liam stayed quiet, his father was a cold and a distant man, and he didn't treat Liam as his son, it was more like a forceful friendship because he needed Liam on his side. The worst that can happen to Caius was someone finding out about him being immortal, and now he had another immoral son. Liam was strong and knew how to hide well but Caius knew that if Ashton will slip and let someone know what he is, it will start a whole new chase.

"He's almost seventeen," Liam spoke again.

"He lives with Luke Hemmings." He added when Caius didn't react to his first words.

"How did he got there?"

"Luke found him." Liam explained.

"Luke Hemmings. I believe I met him once."

"Really? When?"

"Way back, maybe fifteen years ago."

"Does anyone else knows about you?"

"No. And if that boy won't be carful, he won't live long."

"That boy is your son."

"I thought I already made it clear I'm not planning to be a father. To any of you."

"Ashton needs your guidance. Don't you care if he will die?"

"He will die either way if Luke has him."

"Its not true, I was there-"

"From what I recall, Luke Hemmings isn't known as a kind type."

"He will probably kill Ashton in his sleep, draining his blood." His father finished.

"Okay, so I'll take him out-"

"Did Luke fed from him?" Caius seemed to be more in the conversation now, like somethimg was finally bothering him.

"I don't know."

"If Luke Hemmings knows about that boy being an immortal-"

"He doesn't." Liam lied, he felt like the conversation was going to a too different way and that he should give less details in order to keep Ashton safe.

"Then leave him alone. Luke will probably kill him in some point."

"He's my brother."

"He will be a burden on your shoulders."

"He's still my brother."

"I should have killed his mother. Too bad I haven't." His muttered to himself, meaning he should have killed Mary befor she gave birth to Ashton.

"I'm going now." Liam walked toward the door and left the house. He felt angry for his father, they were their sons and even though Liam didn't needed him, Ashton did. His powers over took him and he couldn't conrol it by himself unless someone will guide him. He tried asking Caius to help Ashton but he refused.

Most creaturs thought Caius was a shifter so he managed to survive until now, he even managed to fool Luke and that what Liam wanted him to teach Ashton, how to camuoflage himself in order to walk around without taking a risk.