24. Trooper

mini update from Gemma's pov. Regular update on Wednesday.

I had been feeling so much better since the install.  It had only been two days.  I felt safe, the target on my back from the guardian angel had disappeared.  I hadn't had an attack since the one at Shelly's.  Life was getting back to normal.  I had no one to thank but for Aaron.  The security system had been a blessing, but I still felt unsure.  Like this was only temporary relief and that it would all come crashing down.  Shelly had lived up to her title of best friend, but after our few days together, we needed a mutual break.  She knew it and I knew it.  That left me alone for a few days.  I was used to it, but with the events going on in my life I was a little nervous to be by myself.  I had tried to zone out on the tele, but it only worked so well.  I watched it, but my mind was somewhere else.  This guy had escalated and it had been to quiet lately.  It was just a matter of time before he did something again.  Maybe I was just being paranoid, but I hate waiting.  My phone buzzed and I immediately picked it up, ready for something to take my mind off my life.

"Nervous about Friday?"

He hit the nail on the head about what I was feeling.  Nervousness had turned into anxiety, and it was eating at my soul.  "There's nothing to be nervous about."

"Confidence is highly attractive to me."

What a cocky ass.  I'll show him.  "Can't be nervous if I don't go."

"So you are nervous about seeing me..." 

I smiled and shook my head.  This guy is relentless.  "Cockiness is also highly attractive A."

"I can show you cockiness." 

Forget relentless, this guy was a trooper.  "As much fun as that sounds, I think you should keep your cock to yourself."

"But it's soo fun to share."

I read the message and I could feel the heat in my cheeks, and the heat down below.  The picture of him came to mind.  He was so good looking, from what I had seen.  I just don't understand.  "Why do you want to hang out with me so bad?  I told you I can't do a relationship right now."

"You seem like you could use some fun in your life right now."

I scoffed at the screen.  He doesn't know me.  How the hell does he know what I need.  "You think you are fun for me?"

"I know I am.  I will see you at the club Friday night.  I will send a driver to pick you up if need to be."

I bit my lip.  I don't want him to go to so much trouble for me, but I did need something to take my mind off of my life.  And if everything stayed calm this week it could be like a mini celebration.  "I still don't know what you look like.  How will I know it's you and not some other dork?"

"You won't.  But I know who you are."

Now I'm starting to regret agreeing.  But the mystery of his face is killing me.  "Fine, I'll go, but only to see what you really look like."

"Is that the only reason?"

Yep, but you don't need to know that.  "I guess you will have to come to find out."

"Good night Gemma."

"Night."