37. Dinner

I woke up to the smell of food.  You might think that is a wonderful thing, but that means Shell was cooking, and that bitch can't boil water.  I was up in a flash, or so I thought, I managed to catch my feet in the blanket and in a flash, was on the floor, struggling to get to the kitchen.  Shelly must have heard the loud thump, because I heard her cuss and then everything was quiet.  Too quiet.

Now I was pissed.  She knew she had done something wrong and was about to get caught.  I swung the door open, looking quiet a sight.  My oversized shirt hanging off one shoulder, my hair once piled high on my head had managed to grow a few rats nests, and to join the rodent fun, I probably had coon eyes from my smeared mascara. 

My nostrils flared from seeing red.  Shelly had almost burned down my apartment trying to make popcorn, and the scent that invaded it now, smelled. Shit.  It smelled wonderful.  I stopped mid stride foot ready to pound the floor.
"What the Fuck Shelly?"  My words came out somewhere between anger and curious.

I rounded the corner to the kitchen, the mouthwatering smell getting stronger only to find a timid Shelly and not one but two men, in my kitchen.

"Hey, I invited some friends over."

I looked at Shelly and a range of emotions coursed through me.  Bewilderment, anger, jealousy, and hunger.  She had this cute I just woke up look going on and had brought over two guys, one of whom knew how to cook.  Shell was sitting on my counter, with a good looking piece of meat leaning next to her and a slightly familiar man with a muscular back laboring over my stove.

Once the words were out of her mouth, I was the center of attention.  I glanced from face to face until it landed on my inpromptu chef.

"Mike?" I raised my hand to my head.  How the hell had this happened.  As I was pulling my hand away, I could feel both guys gaze roaming my body.  It was then I fully realized I was in my bedroom attire, the bottoms consisting of panties and one sock.  I quickly let my arm fall, letting my shirt fall down with it.

"So turns out the guy I went home with last night is friends with your guy you met last night.  Funny huh?"

Yeah this shit was really funny.  I could tell my the smile Shelly was fighting to portray. 

"A little warning next time?" I said as I gestured to myself.

"Go get err cleaned up.  Food should be ready in a few."  Mike turned back around to his pork chops and eggs while Shells fling was still staring at my exposed skin.  She sure knew how to pick them.

I turned to walk away and as soon as I was out of sight I heard Shelly comment at my embarrassment.  I went to my room, fixed my hair and threw on a pair of sofee shorts and a bra.  I eyed my image in the mirror and wiped away any smeared make up with my one sock.  Fuck it they already saw me looking like ass, and its my apartment.

When I walked out, Mike and Shelly were setting the table while the other guy popped the tops of four beers.  I sat down with Mike on one side and Shelly on the other, leaving me to face her womanizer.

"This looks really good Mike."

"I figured you'd need it after how wasted you got last night."

We all had a pleasant conversation.  Mike was a head chef at a restaurant that turned into a club after hours.  The other guys name was Jared.  He was a waiter at the same place.  He must make a lot of tips from the ladies, but I could see through the charm he was laying on thick with Shell.  Not that she would fall for such a thing.  This was just the guy of this weekend, she would have another by Friday night. 

After we got done eating, Mike and I did the dishes while Shelly and Jared giggled on the couch.  God I hope that they keep it in their pants.  I learned Mike had just come out a relationship.  She had cheated with the cum slinger Jared.

"Doesn't that bother you?  That your friend would do that to you?"

Mike sighed and handed me a plate to dry and put up.  "Yes and no.  It bothers me that it was done, but I know him.  That is how he is.  I warned her about him, that he does that with everyone.  Tries to be slick to see how far he can get and it doesn't mean anything in the end.  To me, if she was willing to stray, then she didn't deserve me.  I don't want to be just a guaranteed fuck.  I want the whole package."

I stared at him for a moment, blindly wiping off the plate he handed me.  This guy was amazing.  I wish I could have seen my breakup the way he did his.  It would have helped with with a world of hurt that I went through, and somehow am still going through.

"I think I want you as my new best friend.  You can cook and you give good advice."

"Who said I was giving advice for you?"

We both let a smile creep up on our faces, taking each other in for a moment before going back to dishes.

"Well at least you wouldn't invite strangers over while I was asleep and embarrass the shit out of me with my fresh out of bed look."  I said that extra loud so Shelly could hear me.  She replied with, "Whatever, I did you a favor and you got a hot meal out of it."

I don't think I'm the only one getting a hot meal.  She needs to simmer down on my couch before she has to buy me a new one.