28. New friend

So just to warn you all, I am updating on the website which I normally don't use.  I miss my app, but alas, it kept closing me out, like all the hot guys in my life.  Lol jk about the hot guys. 

 They had leather couches and fire pits set up. He led me over to one that didn't have anyone near and sat down, pulling me down with him by our held hands. "I'm Mike by the way." He pulled out a pack of Camels and a lighter. I let go of his hand and held mine out for one. "Gemma." He passed me the pack and lit my cigarette for me. He smiled at me warmly and took a drag, blowing out rings of smoke. I poked one and ripped the O apart. "That wasn't very nice Gemma, you popped my smoke cherry."

"Sorry I can't return the favor, mine was popped a long time ago." I sat back resting my head against the couch and stared up at the stars. My head started to spin a little and I closed my eyes, only to reopen them when Mike grabbed my hand again. I rolled my head over, to see him looking up at the stars as well. "I thought I said no funny business."

He didn't even look at me when he spoke. "Who says I'm being funny? No one likes to be alone Gemma." He paused for a moment and spoke again. "There are so many stars, and they all shine in their own way. Some of them group together to create legends, Very few can do that on their own."

I was still looking at him. "What are you a philosopher or something?" He took another drag off his cigarette and blew it straight into the air before turning his head to me. "No, just trying to be a friend to you."

"What makes you think I need a friend right now?"

"What makes you think it is you who needs the friend?" I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes. The same kind of hurt I felt when I thought about the ex. I sat up straight and my head spun, I tried my best to maneuver my head into his lap, but I don't think he was expecting it. I felt his body tense as I came down a little to hard, then giggled at him. Yeah one more drink and I will be drunk.

He switched hands on his cigarette and moved my hair out of my face. He was looking down at me like I was the most beautiful thing he had seen.

"Tell me about your woes my friend, and I will tell you about mine."

He smiled sadly, "Another night Gemma, right now I just want to enjoy the view."

We sat in silence for a little while longer after finishing our smokes.

"You ready to go in friend?" He asked as he stroked my hair.

"Only if you give me your number friend. I want to do this again sometime."

He nodded and I pulled out my phone from my clutch, I had two missed texts from Aaron. I got Mikes number and let him lead me down the now treacherous stairs. At the bottom, I kissed his cheek. "My other friend is here, but I will text you later." He hugged me and left.