twenty three

Adelaide laid in her bedroom alone the following day. This time of year was supposed to be filled with happiness, love, and getting more into a serious relationship for the two. Slightly, Adelaide blames herself for not seeing the connection between the two, she could tell something was up between them but not in a romantically way.

Sadly, Adelaide sniffled her runny nose as Barry's words to Iris repeats in her head for the hundred times.

"Addy, please talk to me. I didn't mean a - Message deleted - Saturday 9:47 pm - Addy, this is the 10th time I've tried calling out, please just hear me out. I know you're mad and confused, but please just let me explain. I miss you, please."

"Sunday 12:32 am - Hey Nelson, it's me Iris. Please, you gotta hear Barry out, I don't like seeing you two like this. Please just hear him out."

What if all of it was just a misunderstanding? In all hell, Adelaide did remember Barry reminding her that his feelings towards Iris were long gone. Maybe Barry just wanted to let Iris know about his little crush on her.

Taking a deep breath, Addy dialed Barry's number waiting for him to answer. It took about 4 rings till he finally answered and by the sound of his voice - he was very much surprised. "Addy! Hey, did you get my messages?"

"Yeah, I did. Look we can talk this over with coffee, I'll meet you in Jitters in 10?" Adelaide suggested.

"Yeah, of course. I'll see you there." Barry breathes in.

"Okay, b-"

"I miss you." Barry cut off, Adelaide gulped.

"I know."

__________________

You can do this, I mean you two are just going to talk. It was just a misunderstanding, it's going to be okay, I shouldn't be nervous - what if it wasn't a misunderstanding? - okay, breathe. Fuck, his here. Okay, I can do this. I'm Adelaide Nelson and I'm so not ready, okay.

"Hey." Adelaide breathes in. This was the first time she's seen those dazzling brown eyes ever since the incident and it was such a relief. Adelaide gulped to herself and quickly took a sip of her coffee.

"Hey." He smiles back in return. Oh that beautiful smile, those dimples. Adelaide couldn't stop thinking about them. "Listen, I'm stupid, and I'm so sorry. What you saw back there was nothing I swear to god, I wanted to confront her about my feelings earlier on the year. I wanted to tell her because those feelings I had for her are gone, because Addy, I love you. I don't have feelings for Iris, okay, you're the one who I love. You are the one who I worry about every day, knowing something might happen to you because of who I am and what I do, worries me. And I need you by my side, I need you to not ignore my calls because it worries me, okay so please"

Adelaide couldn't comprehend what he just confessed and she was speechless.

"Barry - I - I love you too, so much," Adelaide replied speechlessly. "I want us to work out and I'm sorry for creating such a fuss over this. I didn't know, I'm sorry for ignoring your calls, messages and not trusting you."

"It's not your fault, I would do the same thing if this happened to you with any other guy beside me, can we please go back to how things were and forget that ever happened? Because I miss your tiny little kisses and our cuddles." Barry smiled reaching towards my hand, grabbing a hold of it.

Silence..

_________________

OKAY, HELLO. I'm sorry for not updating in what, 2 months?! I'm so sorry, a lot has happened and school has taken over my wattpad life, but I can assure you that I will update and probably a lot this week considering it's Thanksgiving week. So pleaaase accept my apology because I am deeply sorry for this.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and next chapter will be coming soon and it will be based off another episode.