Tears of the Anchor {One-Shot}

Kira pulled her sword out of the Nogitsune.

"Foxis monto," Void mumbled, then his body hit the ground. He turned to dust.

Isaac trapped the fly in the jar and everyone let out an exasperated breath.

Lydia felt the hand she was holding shrink.

She looked at Stiles, who was shrinking, and shrinking, and shrinking.

Everyone watched as Stiles grew red hair and his hands and feet turned to paws.

Lydia gasped and got down on her knees, cradling Stiles as he grew smaller.

Eventually, Stiles turned into a fox.

Everyone stared at Stiles and Lydia began to cry the tears she's been waiting to cry out all night.

The fox's eyes shot open and they were the same chocolatey brown Stiles always had.

Lydia's choked sobs were loud and Scott crashed down on his knees to hold her.

He stroked her hair as she cried into his shoulder.

Stiles, the fox, made a low bark.

Lydia wiped her eyes and stared at him.

"We have to change him back!" Lydia cried.

Isaac picked the fox up and Lydia stood to her feet.

"Lydia-"

"He's staying with me until we figure it out," Lydia snapped and grabbed him from Isaac's hands.

"We need to take Stiles home," Scott told her.

"He's staying with me!" Lydia yelled.

Scott put up his hands and slowly walked towards her.

"Lydia, I know," He said, "I know you love Stiles. And I know you want to protect him, but what about his father? He needs to know Lyds. And I think he should see Stiles."

Lydia takes a step back.

"I'll figure it out Scott. I'll figure out how to change him back soon. We don't need to get the Sheriff upset about this," Lydia said with tears running down her face.

"Let Lydia take him home," Kira told Scott.

"Kira-"

"I believe in her. She'll figure it out," Kira said.

Scott sighed.

"So what are we going to tell Stilinski then, huh Lydia? That he went to Mexico? That he's staying at your house? What do we tell his father?" Isaac asked.

"Stiles went away for a while, to clear his head and to forget about the past few months," Lydia murmured.

"So we're going to lie to the man who is like a father to us?" Scott said. When he said 'us' he meant him and Lydia. Mr. Stilinski really was like a father to them both.

"Sometimes you have to lie to keep people from hurting," Lydia snapped and left the school, with Stiles in her arms.

«»

Lydia drove home and luckily her mother wasn't home.

She put a newspaper in the corner of her bedroom next to her bed for Stiles.

"I'll find a way to fix this, okay?" Lydia spoke softly to the fox curled up in a ball on top of the papers, "I promise."

She looked at him and his brown eyes were staring back at her.