She's Gone {Short Story}

Part Eleven

When Derek arrived at his loft he smelt something familiar in the air surrounding him. It was a faint smell, something that he once new but has forgotten over the years.

As he walked around the house, the smell only got stronger, making him furrow his eyebrows. It was on the tip of his tongue, but his mind was just completely blank. Derek started to get agitated.

He shook his head and walked over to his kitchen. He didn't bother turning on his light. Derek opened the refrigerator and rummaged through it.

He pulled out a few beers and kicked it closed. The day was just so tiring and all he wanted to do was relax. Derek had returned to Beacon Hills about a week ago but still was not use to the whole "dealing with the supernatural" thing yet.

He popped the cap one of his beers and took a sip of the bitter tasting liquid. He quietly chuckled to himself, remembering the days when all he did was deal with the supernatural.

As he walked out of the kitchen, he felt a cool breeze against his bare arms. He slowly turned and realized he left the fridge open. I swore I closed it, he thought. He shrugged it off. But as he reached to close fridge, that scent washed over him. It was more prominent than before–more new.

Derek set the beers down on the counter and quietly extracted his claws. He slowly walked towards the main area of the loft and stopped in front of the big window.

"Who's there?" He demanded.

There was a rustling sound back in the kitchen. Then, the sound of a glass bottle shattering onto the floor. The noise startled Derek, making him flinch.

The air behind him made a whistling sound, as if something ran past him. And then, he was tackled to the ground.

"Hello, Big Brother," Cora said, smirking down at him. She had his arms pinned by his head and he made a growling sound.

"Get off me Cora," He groaned.

"What? There's no 'Welcome home Cora! I missed you tons!' ?" She quipped as she got off of him. Cora helped him up.

As soon as Derek got to his feet, he pulled her into a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around her smaller frame and placed his face in the crook of her neck.

"I missed you so much," He murmured. Cora smiled and hugged him tighter.

"I missed you more." She nuzzled her face into his shirt, breathing in her brother's scent, the scent that she has missed so much.

"I know two more people that can help us," Lydia said, twirling her hair and snapping a piece of gum. "Its going to take a little bit of compelling, but we need more people if we're going to take down the McCall Pack."

Theo smirked and injected Aidan's body with a yellow substance. "Who?" He asked.

"Erica Reyes and Vernon Boyd," Lydia told him. And at the same moment, Aidan jumped awake. He looked around the room, startled.

"What? No! No! I'm– I'm dead! How am I—"

"Lydia, explain it all to him and then compel him," Theo said and walked away.

"Tracy!" Theo yelled, "Open up Chris Argent's cell!"

Aidan looked at Lydia with wide eyes. "Lydia, what's going on?"

It hurt, so bad, looking at him. It's been over two years and yet the pain is still there. Images of him dying in Ethan's arms flash in her mind.

"You got to trust me on this," She whispered.

"Theo brought you back, just like the rest of us," Lydia told him, glancing at Allison and Mason, who were training in the training area.

"Why did he bring us back?" Aidan questioned, looking around.

"He needs a pack to fight the McCall Pack," Lydia replied. Aidan's eyes widened and he shook his head no.

"You're fighting against your own pack? Are you crazy? They're your friends!" Aidan exclaimed a bit too loud, drawing attention.

"This is my pack now," Lydia shot back a little too harsh. When she knew no one was listening in anymore she whispered, "Trust me Aidan, I know what I'm doing."

She looked into his eyes and compelled him like the rest of her friends.

"Why is he here?" Cora bitterly asked, looking at Ethan. "He helped kill Vernon and Erica!"

"He's going to help us," Scott said and looked around his kitchen table, glancing at his pack. "We all need to work together if we're going to take down Theo and his pack."

"Take down?" Liam asked, "But Mason is in his pack! Lydia and Allison too!"

"Lydia's got that covered," Stiles told him, "We have a plan, alright?"

"So who's in?" Isaac asked. Everyone looked at each other. They all agreed.

"Let's kick some Chimera ass," Derek smirked.

And then there was a knock on the door...

To Be Continued

Writers Note:

Who is at the door? GASP

Please vote and leave a fucking comment

-Alison