She's Gone {Short Story}

Part Seven

Scott was at a rink. An ice-skating rink to be more specific. He looked up at the top of the bleachers and saw Lydia and Stiles.

"Sometimes there's other things you wouldn't think would be a good combination, but turn out to be a perfect combination," Stiles said as he tied his skate, "You know? Like...two people...together..."

The scene switched, making Scott feel dizzy. He was now in the woods. The sky was perfectly blue with white clouds rolling by slowly.

There was a slight breeze, making the trees shake.

"Stiles?" Lydia said.

Scott looked over and noticed Lydia's foot perfectly placed in the middle of a bear trap.

Scott's eyes widened.

Stiles, who was talking on the phone, turned around to face her. When he saw the look of terror on her face he froze.

And soon, he was on his knees in front of her, trying to figure out how to dissemble the trap.

"Lydia," Stiles said shakily, "I can't read either."

Lydia took in a sharp breath and looked down at him. "You don't need instructions, I mean when was the last time you used them?" She forced a small smile to try to ease the pressure. "Stiles, you're the one who always figures it out... So figure. it. out." Stiles nodded slowly.

"Ok.." He said and reached his hand out towards a piece of the trap. He grabbed it and twisted it. Stiles jumped to his feet and pulled Lydia off of it.

The bear trap closed but Lydia was safe, safe in his arms. When he realized that, he let out a sigh of relief and pulled her closer to him.

"Stiles? Stiles look at me," Scott heard from behind him. He turned around.

Scott was now in the locker room, next to Stiles and Lydia who were on the floor. Stiles was wheezing and hyperventilating. Lydia caressed his face. And she quickly leaned in, capturing her lips with his.

Stiles' eyes widened in shock. But they soon closed and he started to kiss her back.

The ground under Scott's feet began to shake. The floor split in half and he fell down, down, down.

He landed on a bed, a familiar one. It was Stiles'.

"See that's the problem!" Stiles said, "You don't care about getting hurt! But you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated. And if you die..." Stiles paused. "I'd go out of my freakin' mind. Death doesn't happen to you Lydia, it happens to everyone around you. To all the people left standing at your funeral, not knowing how to go on with their lives."

Before the scene could switch, Scott could feel himself leaving Lydia's mind.

He opened his eyes to see her staring wide eyed at him and Cory. Scott pulled his claws out of her neck.

"We got to go!" Cory grumbled and pulled Scott away from her. They ran out of the tunnels and all the way to the clinic.