She's Gone {Short Story}

Part Nine

Stiles opened his eyes and sat up quickly, gasping for air. He looked around, noticing he was in his bed. Lydia was asleep in the small chair in the corner of the room.

Her eyes started to flutter and they soon opened. She slowly looked over at the boy, who was staring wide eyed at her.

She leaped off of the chair and jumped onto the bed. Lydia wrapped her arms around his body and pulled him close. She began to cry.

"You're such an idiot," Lydia sobbed, "There was a possibility of you not ever waking up!" She lightly punched him on the chest. Stiles sighed and pulled her closer to him, so that she was sitting on his lap, her legs on both sides of him, and her arms around his neck.

"I needed you back Lyds," Stiles murmured, "I don't care about me, I care about you." Lydia cried harder into his shirt.

"Well I care about you!" She exclaimed, "Never do that again!" Stiles faintly smiled and placed a light kiss to her hair.

"I'm so sorry," She hiccuped, "I trusted Theo, even though I know I shouldn't have. I listened to him and he tricked me into turning it off." She paused, sniffling. "I hurt people, on my god Stiles, I killed people! I killed people!" Lydia's voice cracked and she began to sob harder.

Stiles rubbed her back. "Shh, Lydia it's okay, it's okay. Everything's going to be fi–"

"Don't," Lydia snapped, "Don't say it's going to be fine because it's not. I killed people. I–"

Stiles grabbed her wrists and forced her to look up at him. "I know Lydia, I know what you're going through. I killed people too." His jaw clenched. "But it does Lydia, it does get better, okay?"

Lydia solemnly nodded. She gripped him tighter and tucked her face into his shoulder. Lydia took a deep breath, inhaling the faint scent of pine. Stiles cradled her head in his arms.

"I love you," She whispered. "God, I love you so much." Stiles smiled and a few tears dripped from his eyes. He rubbed her back, trying to calm her down.

"I love you Lydia," Stiles breathed out. Lydia laughed quietly at the sound of his heartbeat picking up its pace.

Her hands caressed his face and she looked at his lips, his light pink lips that she wanted to kiss so bad. Stiles watched her as she slightly furrowed her eyebrows.

"Stiles, can I show you something?" She asked, and slowly looked up at his eyes. Stiles nodded, watching her carefully.

"Close your eyes," She said softly, "Please?" Stiles closed his eyes as soon as she told him too, showing her how much he trusted her.

The blackness behind his eyelids soon disappeared and turned into what looked like a movie screen.

"Lydia," Scott said as she started to walk away from him and Derek. When she didn't answer him Scott said it again, but much louder.

"I can't stay here," Lydia murmured. "Not when I can hurt him, or you, or anyone. I need to leave." Derek reached out and grabbed her wrist.

"You can't run away from your problems Lydia. You think leaving will be the best decision? It doesn't matter where you go, Lydia. You're always going to have the instinct to kill and you will."

Lydia wiped away the tears that were still on her face. She looked down at Stiles' body. "Then what should I do, Derek? What should I do? Should I stay here and possible hurt everyone I love or can I just fucking leave and get the hell away from all of you!?" She yelled.

"Find an anchor Lydia," Derek told her, "Find something, anything, that will keep you grounded, that you know will make you want to be a better person. Find. An. Anchor."

Stiles opened his eyes and Lydia opened hers.

"I'm your anchor," Stiles said, completely mesmerized by the girl in front of him. Lydia blushed and looked away from his eyes. She nodded.

Stiles leaned in and placed his mouth against hers. Lydia's eyes widened but then slowly closed as she registered that this was actually happening.

His lips coaxed hers open and he swiped his tongue slowly across her bottom lip, as if asking if it was okay for him to enter. He took her low guttural moan as permission. His tongue invaded her mouth and when their tongues touched a quiet noise erupted from his mouth.

His hand reached up and caressed her face as her teeth bit at his lips, making them sting. But Stiles didn't mind the pain. He enjoyed every second of it.

Her hands reached up and ran through his dark brown hair. She gently fisted it as he kissed her, pulling at the medium length locks.

When they both slowly pulled away, which felt like an hour later but in reality was only a few minutes, Lydia curled into him and closed her eyes.

Stiles listened to her ragged breathing as she listened to his fast beating heart. Soon, Lydia was fast asleep, and Stiles fell asleep a few minutes later.

To Be Continued

Writers Note:

I'm too lazy and tired to have a good authors note

So peace bitches ✌🏼️

-Alison