She's Gone {Short Story}

Part 13

She woke up with a start. The sky was pitch black, the only light being the white stars. The air smelled strongly of dirt and the metallic smell of blood.

Lydia looked at her surroundings, noticing she was in the middle of the woods. It took a few minutes to remember what had unfolded with Tracy.

How long had it been? Hours? Days? Her eyes widened. She needed to warn Scott about Theo. Tracy had surely told Theo about Lydia reporting back to Scott this whole time.

Lydia tried to get up but an agonizing pain shot through her legs. She looked over her shoulder, noticing two wooden stakes in each of her legs, pinning them to the ground.

Fucking Tracy.

She reached back to pull them out. Jagged pieces of wood slid into her skin easily. She cried out in pain and pulled her arm back, as if it burned her.

She knew it was going to take her a while to get out of this mess, but she didn't have the time. She needed to warn Scott and she needed to do it then and there.

Lydia closed her eyes and tried her hardest to perform something Theo had taught her to do.

"Maybe we should use a surprise attack," Malia suggested. Kira nodded.

"A surprise attack sounds like the best plan we have," Hayden said. Stiles sighed and placed his hands on the table.

"We're going to wait this out," He said, "We—"

"Are going to be sitting targets!" Cora yelled. "What is the point of us all being here if we're not even going to fight–"

"Cora," Derek said sternly, "Theo has a whole army of chimeras. Those kids will tear us to pieces! And not only that, but he also has our friends. Before we even try to attack we need Lydia to free them all from her compulsion."

"Derek's—" Stiles was cut off by a loud ringing in his ears. He cupped them and closed his eyes. He fell to his knees. Scott and Isaac grabbed him before he fell head-first onto the kitchen floor.

"What's going on?" Corey asked, staring at Stiles.

"I don't know!" Scott exclaimed. "Stiles? What's happening!?"

Stiles eyes rolled back into his head and the buzzing in his ears stopped. He was now hearing a voice, soft and familiar. The soft voice soon turned urgent.

"Stiles?" Lydia asked. "Fuck, I hope this is working. I don't know what's going on but Tracy found out. She knows that I'm with you. She knows I flipped my switch. She knows everything and she told Theo." Her voice was tuning out, as if she was getting farther and farther away from him.

He snapped back to reality with a jump. Stiles looked up at the worried faces his friends had. "I'm fine." He stood up.

"What the fuck happened?" Derek said at the same time Scott said, "What the hell was that?" Stiles rubbed his head.

"It was Lydia–"

"Lydia?"

"She was warning me, warning us. Theo knows. He knows everything. Tracy told hi–"

"Do you guys smell that?" Malia said abruptly. Everyone looked at her. But then the werewolves and the two chimeras tilted there heads upward and took a sniff.

"Chimeras," Hayden whispered.

"Theo," Scott said, "He's here."

"Oh, Scott," Theo exclaimed tauntingly, staring up at his house. "Come out from that house and fight me like a man." When there was no reply, Theo's lip curled upwards. "Or I'll come in myself and drag you out with my claws."

Stiles walked silently to the window and carefully pulled back the curtain, enough for him to peak out. There were hundreds of glowing eyes in the dark, surrounding the house.

"They're going to kill you all," Theo cackled, "But don't worry Scott, they're saving you for me."

"Scott–"

"Try to save them, all of them, but if you can't," Scott told them all. "Kill them."

"What about Allison? Erica? Boyd?–"

"My brother," Ethan said.

"Try to break the compulsion," Derek said.

Scott signaled for everyone to spread out and they did.

To Be Continued...

Writers Note:

Someones gonna die.... >:)