She's Gone {Short Story}

Part 16 – End

The sight of Theo killing Scott made something erupt from inside her. It was scratching at the back of her throat. Lydia opened her mouth and everything went slow motion from there. A single scream escaped her lips.

As if directed to him, the scream cut through Theo's skull. Everyone watched as Theo fell dead to the ground, his face cut in half. Lydia, as if the scream had killed her too, fell soundlessly to the ground.

Stiles escaped from Tracy's hold and kneed her in the ribs. Tracy hissed at him and began to fight back.

Every chimera snapped out of their trance and blinked twice, as if they were just waking up. Some didn't even know where they were. Others fled from the McCall house as quick as they could. Lydia's compulsion was broken.

Cora and Malia flung themselves at Tracy, catching the Kanima off guard.  They tackled her to the ground. Stiles ran towards his two fallen friends.

Erica dropped Kira's katana and dizzily opened her eyes. She looked around, trying to remember where and how she got to where she was. Her eyes landed on the small, scared, asian girl she was holding and her eyes began to water. "I–I'm s-sorry...I—" Boyd walked over then and took Erica by the arms. He pulled her into a hug. He nodded at Kira and Kira gulped.

Aidan ran over to Ethan and yanked him into a bear hug. Ethan began crying onto his brother's shoulder. Aidan rubbed his back soothingly, whispering that he was okay and that he was back, that he was never leaving again. Ethan nodded and held his brother tighter.

Isaac ran as fast as he could to Melissa, who was on the ground, hugging her knees. She was sobbing, tears running down her face uncontrollably. Isaac helped her up and he let her cry onto him. Melissa was always like a mother to him.

Allison kneeled down next to Derek who was checking Scott's pulse. "I can't find it," He kept muttering, growing angrier at himself by the second. "I can't fucking find it!" He plunged his fist down onto Scott's chest and Allison screamed.

"Stop! You're hurting him!" She yelled. Derek ignored her and kept pounding on his chest.

"Scott can't be dead!" Derek exclaimed, "He-he just can't!" There were tears running down his cheeks, his breathing heavy and strained.

Stiles cradled Lydia's limp body in his arms. There were no tears coming out of his eyes this time. He just stared down at her. Stiles moved a stray piece of red hair out of her face and his thumb gently rubbed against her freckled cheek.

"Is she dead?" Jackson asked, his voice shaky. He kneeled down beside him. Stiles didn't look at him.

"I don't know," Stiles said. There was no way to tell, really. Vampires didn't have a heartbeat or pulse.

Only then did a tear fall from Stiles' blood-shot eyes. He wiped it away with the back of his hand. Jackson cursed under his breath and rubbed at his eyes.

They sat in silence.

"Do you hear that?" Jackson asked abruptly. Stiles shook his head.

"Hear what?" He inquired, his voice sounding tired and broken.

"Lydia's heart is beating."

"That's not possible," Stiles said.

Jackson leaned over and pressed his ear against Lydia's chest. It was a faint beat but her heart was definitely beating. He looked up at Stiles and nodded. "I guess it is Bilinski."

Derek raised his fist again but someone caught it.

"Allison, let go of me!"