Meeting

Harold's Point Of View

September 15th

I panic and get the hell out of her dorm.  How am I going to get out of this one? She clearly knows something is wrong. I've really been rude to her. This isn't me. I need to talk to the boys.  I've screwed up!

I kick the rocks on the driveway outside the dorm and get into my car.  I leave to join the boys like I was supposed to hours ago.

"Where were you mate?  We waited for you for ages!"  Liam reacts as soon as I get in the room.

"I'm sorry. Something happened. I had a small accident..."  I respond, still reliving the memories of my recent encounter. Liam drops his anger, he's suddenly very caring.

"What happened, are you OK?"

"Yes...  Nobody got hurt...  Where are the guys?"

"They are eating, they couldn't wait for you any longer..."  Liam responds, putting his hand on my back leading us to sit.  "What happened, you seem troubled?"

He sees right through me, and he's the only one I told about the girl in Montreal.  So I feel free to tell him everything that has happened today.  I end up telling all the evidence proving me it was her.

"At first her face was familiar. Then, I didn't really pay attention, but she joked about nobody hearing her last week.  After that, she took out her notebook to give me her number and I'm sure my note is still in there..."

"But have you seen it?"

"No..."  I take out the page she gave me from my back pocket. It doesn't take long for Liam to steal it from me before I can read it.  "Then, she showed me her dorm and the flag I told you to give to her was on her wall!"

"Are you sure it's the one I gave her, mate? She could have bought it herself." He tries to rationalise the situation, but we so often meet people once and never see them again. It would be great that she could be the woman in Montreal that made such a great impression on me.  I always remember a few particular ones, and she is one of those I do remember.

"No, she told me she got it to a show on September 5th!  Liam, I'm not crazy!"

"There's one more thing we can do to make sure of that...  Do you still have the two pages you stole from her notebook in your wallet?"

I nod and give them to him.

"The writing looks alike but she's writing in capitals in these two pages..."

I take the pages from his hands to see the evidence for myself and read the note she's given me today.

"I've been told that the true beauty of someone is shown by their actions.  Thank you so much for everything you've done for me.  I couldn't have asked to hit someone better."  I read out loud.

"That's really nice of her to say... What was her name again?" 

"Gynie, well...  Virginie."  I say completely mindblown to finally know the truth.

"Oh my God Harry, you're right!" Liam realises that I'm right, just as I realise another proof of her identity.

"I know...  That's exactly what I wrote to her in her notebook!"