Phone

Virginie's Point Of View

September 25th

I'm actually loving the routine settling in. I've been doing readings for more than 8 hours in two days, but I'm done with my homework. Thankfully! I have my weekend free to do as I please.  

For now, I take a pen and a journal and get ready to write outside by the warm breeze of fall upon us. As I'm about to leave, a knock on the door surprises me.

"Matt! How are you?" I ask surprise but happy to see him.

"I'm fine thank you! Are you going somewhere?" He asks as I'm taking my coat out.

"Just outside to think and write. Why do you ask? Why are you here?"

"I wanted to do my readings with you..."

"I just finished them, but you can come with me outside and do them."

I take my new cell phone from my desk and get ready to leave, but it suddenly vibrates in my hand. The screen lights up with Harold's picture.  He already texted me two times before.

Yesterday, when I decided it was time for a break of all my readings, I got to the mall and bought a cell phone. I like to think it would give Harold and I a chance to speak more often. 

When I got home, I quickly e-mailed him my new number and he replied right away.

***

To: virginie.dulude

From: harolds1994

Object: Phone

Gynie,

Our date was fantastic and I'm pleased to know you have a cell phone now.

I'll contact you in a bit,

Have a nice day,

H x

Sent from an iPhone

September 24th 4:47 PM

***

Harold

Hey love!

How's your day?

What do you think of your phone?

Hey back!

My day is fine. I'm at College writing under the trees as my friend Matt is doing his readings next to me.

I'm enjoying it so far!  

How is your day?

All right!

How was your show last night? I saw some pictures on the band's snapchat!

It was really fun! The crowd was amazing!  We did a kiss cam!  There was a guy on a first date and I made him kiss the girl.

You naughty boy!  I'm sure it was amazing and the guy was very happy! 

What are you doing?

Thinking about you...

... and how excited I am to see you again!

Glad to hear it! :-D

***

Matt is really quick.  He finishes his readings in two hours and lays on the grass for an other. Meanwhile, I'm really inspired and the words flow out of my pen on the paper.  I don't know what has gotten into me, but I like it!