Stuck (36)

2 weeks later..

Isaac's P.O.V

I fake right like I'm playing with someone and shoot a three pointer. Then run up to grab it and dunk it.

For the last few hours, I've been playing basketball with myself.. I don't know what's going on with me but I feel like if I stop, everything would just come flooding back..

When I left her house, I thought I could brush it off but as time went by, there was this feeling I kept getting. I ended up grabbing drink from the liquor store but when I got down to the last sip of that 40 to realize that this feeling wasn't going away.

I tried to sleep it off but my mind was too clouded. So I tried to clean some shit up but it wasn't working. I cleaned the hell outta the house tho.. My moms was too happy.

I've tried everything In the last few hours to keep my mind busy. But it keeps slowly creeping back in. As soon as I think I got it off my mind, it's on my shoulders just weighing me down.

I even tried to hit up one of my sidelines that I ain't seen in a minute but before I dialed she came to my mind and I stopped in my tracks. All this shit is unheard of... It just ain't like me.

I keep thinking of her face... She looked so upset.. I feel the punch of guilt hit me but I immediately reject it.

I shake my head and sigh.

I take her serious, I respect her. I don't know what she's talking about. I respect her... I try to think back...

I sit there for a second pulling out flat memories. I tilt my head to the side..damn, I really can't remember... But I know I be treating her right.

I think back to that night... Damn she was heated. She even threw the necklace at me, like that was supposed to mean something.. I pull it out of my pocket and look at it. This don't even mean nothing.. It's just a chain.

Damn, she kicked me out and everything...I rub my face. That ain't ever happened to me before..

She ain't have to do all that. She could've been a big girl and told me straight up how she felt. Everything would have been straight.

I don't even know what's going on in her mind... I just wish I could talk to her..

Wait, what am I saying? She kicked me out and threw my chain in my face! Fuck all that! Got a nigga messed up! How am I supposed to talk to her if all she gone do is shut me out? She don't think I'm worthy of her time...

I scoff. What the hell was that about?
Talking about, I'm not ready to give her what she deserves. What she want from a nigga? I rub my head sighing.

Here I go again...thinking about this shit. I groan and slam the basketball to the ground and walking away.

Why is this bugging me so much?

I sit down on the bench holding my head in my lap.

I don't know what's going on with me....

I need to do something, get my mind off of this. I get up and grab the ball making shots.

I don't even know why I'm stressing over this, it's not like I did anything wrong. She was the one who called things off...

I miss a shot.

"Damn" I say and try again.

I make it.