Battles (13)

They rush through the hospital doors and up to the front desk. With Audrey unable to speak, Tailand asks for the room number. They take the elevator to the floor and rush to the room. Once they got to the door, Audrey pauses, her heart trapped in suspense. She looks through the window of the door and beholds her mother's condition. Cuts and bruises covered her all over with her leg in a cast and a tube down her throat.

Waves of tears fill her eyes as Tailand opens the door from behind her. She walks in slowly then sits down, her eyes stayed on her. He stands behind her with his hand on her shoulder. She closes her eyes and memories replay in her mind of her mom and her, their happy moments, their sad moments, all of the times she's held her while she was crying because she missed her father and brother, all of the times she's provided for her and gave her all to her and more, all of the things that they have been through together. Her heart aches deeply, this is too much for her to take. She begins to feel overwhelmed and gets up out of her seat to leave but Tailand catches her.

"Don't run from this Audrey." He says looking her in her eyes.

"I just can't take it..!" She says leaning into his chest. He puts his arms around her cradling her and she sobs. 

"I'm soo sorry." He says consoling her, he kisses her forehead and squeezes her tight as she breaks down. 

"If you run away now, you'll be running for the rest of your life, you gotta hold on and be strong for her, she's fighting for her life. You have to believe that she will get better, believe that everything will work out. I'm right here for you, i'll be strong with you, just don't give up...okay?" He says into her ear.

She nods her head sniffing and hiccuping. "Everything will be okay, I promise." He says lifting his head up praying to God that he was right.

She slowly gains the courage to turn around and face the truth of her mother's condition. She walks up the side of the bed holding in her tears. 

"Momma... I know you can't hear me but, I love you soo much... I'm gonna be strong for you because I know you would do the same for me..." She takes her hand and kisses it gently. She takes her hand and rubs it against her face, imagining her caressing her cheek the way she used to. 

"I love you mom." She says her voice shaking as she lightly kisses her cheek. Tailand comes up behind her and holds her closing his eyes, sharing her pain.

The doctor comes in with the nurse at his side, "Five more minutes until her visiting hours are over."

"What? Why?" Audrey says turning around breaking out of Tailands arms.

"She had another surgery scheduled, I tried to tell you on the phone, but you hung up before I could finish my sentence." The nurse says sympathetically.

"Ohh..." she says looking away

"Well how long is it going to take?" Tailand says.

"Ahh, well it'll be about 6 to 12 hours." The doctor says walking in behind the nurse and sighing.

Both Audrey and Tailand sigh, she turns to her and hugs her as gentle as she could and began saying her goodbyes. It was the most painful thing to see, her mom. Her superhero, broken. Once her five monutes we're up, she hesitantly grabs his hand and walks towards the door being strong holding herself together.  "Goodbye, mama." She whispers to her as she gets further from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They get back to his house and she goes straight to his room. She moves his laptop off of the bed, lays down and cries. Tailand walks in and goes to the other side of the bed and lays down in front of her, holding her as she lets it all go. She cries and cries and he whispers encouragements to her, trying to build her up. She soon falls asleep and he rubs her hair and kisses her forehead wiping the excess tears from her face. He sighs, his feelings for her are growing fast and that means danger for him. He looks down at her, trying to find a flaw. But he doesn't see one he sighs again.