Flashback (2)

Flashback....

The door opens wide and a figure stands in the door as the lighting flashes.

It walks in and closes the door behind it. "Audrey?! A woman calls out from the kitchen.

The figure doesn't answer. The woman walks into the living room towards the door. She stops when she sees the figure.

"Audrey?" The woman says unsure of what to do. The figure starts walking and her heart races as she squints her eyes to see better.

The light hits the figures face, revealing it's identity.

"Oh shit... girl! Why ain't you answer?" Her mom says holding her chest as she exhales. "You scared the hell outta me!" She walks up to hug her and notices that she's soaked.

"What the.. Audrey, now how many times have I told you to bring your umbre- are you okay?" Her mom says pausing after looking into her eyes. Audrey was staring into space with no life in her eyes, defeat written on her face.

"Baby?" Her mom says again putting her hand on her face, carressing her cheek. Audrey turns her head and continues walking. She goes up the stairs not saying a word. "Audrey" her mother calls out to her again and in response, the sound of a closing door.

Audrey drags her feet and sits down on her bed. Her mind in turmoil. She stares out the window at the rain, becoming drowned in her thoughts. She takes a deep breath in and closes her eyes.

Images flood in her mind and everything starts to replay.

Bloodcurdling screams, crying out for help, countless tries of desperation. A deep voice speaks, spewing of vicious hate, she sees a man ripping and tearing clothes off of a woman. Her, begging for him to stop, pleading. Him, ruthless, careless, holding her down and making his way in like a wild animal showing no mercy. Soon her cries stop, realizing that screaming and crying has no effect, her body trembles as he finishes. He gets up and cleans himself, leaving her curled up in a ball with nothing but shattered innocence.

He speaks but she barely makes out what he says, "....I love you Audrey..."

Audrey breathes out suddenly rushing out of her flashback out of breath. Her heart races and she touches her cheek wiping the tears that were sliding down her face. Her ears are ringing with the screams that now seem distant. She lays down and her body is shaking a little because of the shock she's in. She takes a pillow and puts it over her head feeling sick to her stomach. "Why?" She says thinking about it again.

It gets hard to breathe as the images repeat in her head. She becomes overwhelmed and quickly grabs the trash can puking with disgust. She lays back down unable to move again and she pushes it all away trying her best to forget. Her eyes start to close slowly and soon she falls asleep.

End of flashback.

Please comment, vote, and share!

Adora. 💋