Moving Too Fast... (8)

She gets in the house and locks the door trying to pretend that she didn't just have a traumatic experience.

"Audrey?" Her mom calls out to her.

"Yes mom?" She says taking off her shoes.

"You get the sugar?" She says washing the dishes.

"Yeah." She says putting the sugar on the table.

"Good, so how was your day?" Her mom asks her.

"It was good." she says sitting down at the kitchen table.

"Do anything fun?" Her mom asks putting soapy dishes on the other side of the sink.

"Uhh..yeah sorta." She says not trying to give herself away.

"Ooh, what you do?" She says continuing to wash dishes.

She sighs "Uhh well I went to the beach and swam a little bit." 

"Ooh okay, that's cool." She says grabbing a dry towel and drying her hands. "So... who is he?" She says spinning around with a smirk on his face.

"Huh?" She looks up shocked.

"I know you seeing some nappy headed lil boy so who is he?" Her mom says.

She sighs and laughs a little. "His name is Tailand or Taii for short." She says looking up at her.

"Hmm, Mr. Tailand." Her mom says thinking.

Things get quiet for a moment and Audrey gets a little nervous.

"So." She makes a serious face and walks slowly over to her. She plops down in the kitchen chair. "Is he cute?" She says with a giddy smile. Audrey begins to crack up.

"Really mom? You is crazy!"

"As hell!"Her mom says still laughing, her laugh dies down and she pushes her hair back.

"So tell me everything!"Her mom says goofy.

She laughs."Well.. we didn't do much, we just went back to his house." Audrey says pushing her lips together. She hates lying to her mom.

"Oh, so you met his mom?" She asks tilting her head and lifting her eyebrows.

"Uh no, he..he lives alone."Her mom sits back shocked a little.

"Alone? Well where are his parents at?" She says not understanding.

"They, they well they kicked him out." Audrey says pushing her shoulders out and fiddling her fingers.

Her mom looks kind of scared. "What he do?"

"Nothing, his dad kicked him out for no reason." Audrey says.

"No reason?"Her mom says in disbelief.

"I don't know about this one Audrey." Her mom says shaking her head.

She stays silent.

"He got a job?"Her mom says.

"Yeah."

"He go to school?"

"Yeah that's whereI know him from."

"Mmh, Okay and what ya'll do at his house" She says remembering that she said she was at his house. 

 "Nothing, we just we're hanging out, we played a video game." She says immediately feeling guilty.

"Good cuz my daughter ain't no fast one, nu uh I didn't raise you to be one neither."

Audrey looks down. "I know mom."

She notices that she's a little sad. " You know Audrey, me and ya daddy got together at your age."