Love and Basketball (22)

**3 Days Later**

David's P.O.V

I walk in to the hospital and the receptionist smiles at me and continues to work as I walk over to the elevator and press the up button. I stand there with a bouquet of flowers waiting for the doors to open..

I get to the 5th floor and I walk down the hall towards room 532. I speed up once I get to the door but a tear rolled down my cheek as I walk through the door. I saw her, lying there hooked up to the machines, I couldn't take to see her like this... I remember her beautiful smile. My eyes become blurry and I drop the bouquet on the ground as I fell by her bedside.... I couldn't help it, I did this every time I saw her. I felt so pitiful and ridiculous, all these years I let go by, and she never knew how much I still loved her. After that night when Audrey came over, it gave me the courage to come see her...

I rub her warm face then leaned over to kiss her cheek....I grabbed her hand then kissed it.

I love you Dawn..

I feel so pitiful, I've been coming here every chance I get. I want to make things right with her, I pray every night that she'll get better. I feel so bad that I hurt her like I did, she deserved so much more. I cried some more and talked to her doctors about her condition, they say that she's doing moderately well. After hours of sitting by her side, I headed back to the house...

Tailand's P.O.V

I woke up to a full breakfast on my lap and a beautiful smile.

"Morning baby! I made you breakfast!" She says super happy.

She kisses me on the lips softly then kisses me on the forehead.

I smile. "Thanks babe." I say looking into her sparkling almond eyes.

"Anything for you." She says walking around to the other side of the bed and lying next to me.

I prayed then started to eat. I've been praying a lot lately, I can't figure out how i'm going to tell Audrey about that night I had...but I really gotta get it off my chest. I just hope to God that she won't leave me....I don't know what I would do if she left....

Just then she spoke and pulled me out my thoughts.

"Babe?" She says leaning forward trying to get my attention, I look over to see a worried expression on her face.

"Yeah." I say returning to my food.

"You feelin okay?" She says rubbing my shoulder. She probably was worried because these last few days I've been MIA... I slept the whole day away yesterday..called off work and skipped school. She's been bringing me food and helping me with homework that I missed..

"You still thinking about your family.."

"Uh, yeah." I lied.

"Aww, baby.." She says making a cute pouty face. "You wanna massage and a bath after you done eating?"

"Oh that sounds nice but you don't have to..." I say lying again.

"No, I got you babe," She says instantly jumping up and heading towards the bathroom. "I'll start the bath."

And with that she exited the room leaving me to finish my breakfast and stuff myself with guilty thoughts.

I finally finish and she comes back into the room. "Okay, so your done." She walks over to me and takes the plate away from me.

"Babe, I got it-"

"Nope!" She says putting her hand up. "I'll put this in the sink, you get undressed and get into the tub okay?"