2.5

Allison finished up at her grandparents' early. She had made her trip to her dad's as well. She was now laying in her bed, texting whoever she could get ahold of. She decided she might as well drive to Connor's and surprise him. But she wanted her mom and sister to open the gifts he left them first.

"Hey, can you guys do me a favour?" She asked, coming into the living room. "I know I said I wanted Connor to be here when you opened his gifts, but can you just open them now?"

"Don't you want him to see our reactions?" Steph questioned.

"I can record it." Allison shrugged.

"Why can't we wait until he's here?" Her mom cocked a brow.

"I'm gonna drive to his house tonight and surprise his mom." Allison explained.

They finally gave in. Allison recorded it all. He bought her mom tickets to see the Flyers in Toronto. She was a huge Flyers fan. He wrote in the card to make sure they don't hurt anyone. All of them laughed about it.

Steph got a bunch of housewarming gifts. She was moving into a new house and Connor had her all set up. He even bought the dog an Edmonton shirt.

Allison grabbed the gifts he left for her and piled them in her car. She put all his from her and her family in the car as well. She packed a bag.

She didn't know how long she'd be staying with Connor. She packed enough clothes for a couple of days, along with all the makeup and products she needed. She waved to her family and then was on her way to Connor's.

Connor was laughing with his family when the doorbell rang. He excused himself to get the door. He opened it, hollering something to one of his cousins. He looked at who was standing at the door.

Allison smiled up at him. She had her gym bag over her shoulder and a bunch of gifts surrounding her. Connor's first reaction was to take a picture of her. She smiled for it.

"This is a nice surprise." He teased, stepping out and kissing her.

"I'm absolutely only here for your mom." She told him as she grabbed as many gifts as she could.

Connor piled a couple up and took her bag from her. He heard his mom squeal right before he walked into the room. She was bouncing on the spot, waiting for Allison to put down all her gifts. Connor laughed as he took Alli's bag upstairs.

The second Allison put her gifts down, his mom engulfed her in a hug. Allison hugged her back. Cam hugged Allison, then went to grab the last of her presents.

Allison was hugging everyone. His cousins, his aunts, his uncles, his grandparents. His dad gave her a long hug. She sat beside Cam's girlfriend and started catching up with her. She was sitting there, still bundled up. Connor walked over to her and pulled the zipper of her jacket down. She looked up at him.

"I'll hang all your stuff up." He smiled at her.

She smiled and pulled off her jacket. She took her headband off as well as her scarf and tucked them into the sleeve of her jacket. Connor took them and hung them all up in the closet. He came back into the living room and Allison was still talking with Sarah. They always did get along.

Eventually, all the relatives said their goodbyes. Allison gave the presents she had bought Connor's grandparents to them as they left. She loved his grandparents.

With just the six of them left, they decided to open the gifts they all had for each other. Connor took Allison's spot on the couch. She sat on the floor against his legs.

"Why did you guys buy Allison gifts when you didn't even know she was coming?" Connor laughed.

"Because we knew she would be here." Kelly rolled her eyes. "I called her before I started shopping."

Connor looked between Allison and his mom. They were smiling. Allison ran her hand through his hair. He just shook his head at her.

Everyone opened the gifts from Brian and Kelly first. Cam got a new watch that he had apparently been begging for. He was really excited about it. Sarah opened her gift. They bought her a watch as well with a gift card to Lululemon and the LCBO. Cam made a comment about her being a wino anyways. Connor got a new PS4 for Edmonton. Like he didn't make enough to buy his own.

"Wow." Allison snorted, shaking her head.

"You know I needed this." Connor said as he examined the box.

"Considering there's one in your living room and one in Taylor's room, I wouldn't say need." She rolled her eyes.

"There's a PS3 in the living room, actually." He argued. "And Taylor has an XBOX."

"Enough about you, Allison's turn." Brian cut his son off.

Allison's gift had four different parts in it. The first one was this goofy Christmas sweater that all of them were wearing. Kelly must have bought them in bulk or something. She made the immediate family wear them. That included girlfriends.

Everyone laughed when Allison pulled her's out. The second part was gift cards. There was one for the LCBO, (Kelly said to save it for her nineteenth birthday with a wink), and one for Victoria's Secret.

"Not bad." Connor teased.

Allison made a face at him. His family laughed. The third was a little jewelry box with a bracelet on it. There was a single charm on it. A 97. Allison shook her head while Connor's parents laughed. Did he fail to mention the two of them weren't back together?

The last one was a red box. She made a face of confusion as she pulled it out. She opened it slowly. It was a Christmas bulb.  It was red with silver design around it. It had her name across it in some silver glitter glue like thing. She looked to Kelly. She was tearing up watching Allison.

"It's your bulb for our tree." Kelly explained, pulling Allison to her feet. "So you'll always be a part of the family."

"Kelly, that's so sweet." Allison felt her bottom lip quiver.

Kelly helped her hang it on the tree. Allison hugged Kelly, who was crying while they hugged. Connor could tell Allison was about to. He stood up and pulled Allison into his chest. She hid her face while he held her.

Cam patted her back. Sarah had reacted the same way when Kelly bought her one. It was a good thing. It was like the ultimate approval from the parents. Allison pulled away from Connor. He watched her when she wiped her eyes.

"Is my makeup still okay?" She asked with a laugh.

"It's perfect." He smiled at her.

"Why don't you go put on your sweater so we can all match?" Brian taunted.