Chapter 4

Every period of everyday, I would come to my locker and find Will standing nearby, waiting. He would wait patiently as I grabbed my books for my next class. He would grin as we walked down the hall side by side. At first, I thought it was the most annoying thing ever. But after a while, I started to enjoy his company. But I would never tell him that. 

One particular day, I was packing my backpack to go home when I spotted Will standing over me. "Hey," he said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I want to walk you to the bus," He replied. 

I raised an eyebrow, "I thought you only walked me to class."

Will grinned, "I don't see why I can't walk you to the bus, too." I finished gathering my things and slung my bag over my shoulder. We exited the building together. We shouldered our way through the mob of students milling about until we reached the curb. "Which bus is yours?" Will asked.

I pointed to one that was about thirty feet away, "That one."

"Cool. Let's go," Will said. We hurried over to the bus and Will said goodbye to me. I quickly boarded the bus and found a seat towards the back. I looked out the window, and spotted Will standing on the curb, waving to me. The wind tousled his blond hair and his blue eyes sparkled, making him look like one of those surfers on TV. Not that I cared or anything. I waved back, and watched as he disappeared into the crowd. 

A few moments later, I heard someone plop down beside me. I turned and found Hazel next to me. "Hey!" she said, smiling. 

"Hey," I responded. 

She stared at me, "Why are you blushing?"

I hadn't realized it, but my cheeks had gone pink. "I uh..." Of course, Hazel telling me this only made me redder. 

Hazel giggled, "Come on, you can tell me. I'm your sister."

I gulped. What was I supposed to tell her? I didn't have feelings for Will. He was just some guy. Some guy that made me blush. Stop it! I thought.

Hazel suddenly looked concerned, "Is everything okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah, yeah, fine." I quickly turned my back to her before she could ask anymore questions. I felt the bus lurch forward, and pull away from the curb. I knew she was worried about me, but she didn't say a word. We rode home in silence.