Chapter 31

Will and I exited the hospital and made our way across the parking lot. "Feel better?" Will asked as we approached the Thunderbird. 

I shrugged, "Not really."

Will raised an eyebrow, "Why not?"

I glared at him, "My sister just made me promise to stay positive even if she dies. How do you think I feel?"

Will slid into the car, "Fair point."

I joined him in the car, "What do you mean 'fair point'?"

"I mean that you have a good point, but it isn't a valid reason. Hazel just wants to see you happy, and I think that's more powerful than you hearing her talk about her own death and using it as an excuse to continue frowning. She wants you to be happy, Nico. How about you stop complaining and listen to her?" Will said. 

I stared at my feet silently. "You're right," I muttered. 

"What?" Will asked in a triumphant tone. 

"I said you're right!" I repeated, rolling my eyes. 

Will smirked, "That's what I thought."

He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. He flipped through the radio and stopped on a station playing Here Comes the Sun.

"This again?" I said.

Will beamed, "Of course! It's our song, after all."

I nudged him playfully, "Yeah, whatever." We continued down the street with Here Comes the Sun blaring so loud, the windows vibrated. 

I couldn't help but feel a twinge of hope. Maybe I would make it out of this. Maybe Hazel would live. Maybe everything would be okay.